Sirius Music on Sprint?

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Is anyone familiar with exactly what twenty channels this has? in particular i'm wondering if it has faction? Sprint's website is of no help so I figured i'd ask here

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
why don't you just try it and found out? i'm sure if it doesn't meet your satisfaction sprint will be glad to give you a refund.

i have a windows mobile phone with sprint so i'm able to use a app to stream.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
why don't you just try it and found out? i'm sure if it doesn't meet your satisfaction sprint will be glad to give you a refund.

i have a windows mobile phone with sprint so i'm able to use a app to stream.

That's what I'll probably wind up doing. I just figured i'd ask first because I didn't want to have to go through the hassle of adding then deleting if the few channels it had were channels i really didn't want.

I wish I could go the app route but it's not a WinMo phone.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
the web page is maybe over a year old, but do a google search for sprint sirius music and click on the first link.

i didn't see faction listed and don't remember if it was a regular sirius channel before the merged music channels.

or, depending on how long you've been with sprint, you may be able to get $150 towards a new phone.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
the web page is maybe over a year old, but do a google search for sprint sirius music and click on the first link.

i didn't see faction listed and don't remember if it was a regular sirius channel before the merged music channels.

or, depending on how long you've been with sprint, you may be able to get $150 towards a new phone.

Yeah I kinda figured that channel listing was a little old (especially now after the merger with the new channel names).

I just joined Sprint. I got a Samsung Instinct for $50 with a two year deal. Great phone, the only thing that kinda sucks is I can't listen to Slacker (or have a Sirius app for that matter) but I have no need for the overkill of features that is the BlackBerry (or WinMo for that matter).

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
well the instinct might as well be considered a smartphone, in my eyes.

not sure if you've been there, but let me suggest checking out Sprintusers.com - The Place for Sprint Phone Reviews, Sprint Tools, and Sprint Ringtones. or Instinct Cases, accessories, news and Instinct forums at Everything Instinct

i'd ask around in the instinct forum @ sprintusers.com. i'm sure if there is an app to be had, then its probably there or someone can direct you in the right direction.

Cool, I knew about Sprint Users but I didn't know about Everything Instinct. I, too view it as a smartphone, but it seems more focused towards the "average Joe" I guess than the BlackBerries and Windows Mobile phones of the world.

I'll poke around on those two forums and between them see if I cant find anything. Thanks :bigthumbup:

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Well I just went ahead and subscribed to see what they had on there, and I was disappointed to find that they didn't have Faction or Octane...? Two of the more popular channels on Sirius??!? I like the two country channels on Sirius but that's not enough to make me keep paying for it, especially when it's lacking two of their biggest rock channels.

I unsubscribed right after and if it shows up on my bill as a full monthly charge I'm giving them a call. I'm sure they'll be able to see that I was only subbed for the better half of three minutes.
EDIT: Meh, I noticed that I'm stuck with it until 4/14. No big deal, I'll be able to enjoy The Highway and Prime Country until then.