SIRIUS lifetime subscriber considering XM lifetime sub

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm thinking of getting an XM Lifetime subscription to go with my SIRIUS Lifetime sub. I'm considering this to lock-in another radio before the price increase. That is, if the lifetime sub is no more than $400.

Just a couple of questions, what IS the current price for an XM lifetime sub? ... and like SIRIUS, does XM offer split payments?

Oh, and this is really a TSS question but if anyone knows... Does a new lifetime subscription count for any rebates? I would be a new XM customer.

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I believe you qualify for any XM rebate :)

XM never had a lifetime plan until the merge (except for a short time in 2001 or 2002). The lifetime I have comes with BoS. Was $500 :shock:

I don't have any problems with it & I hope I never do. I never again want to call the XM care center at the state mental hospital in Osawatomie, Ks :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm thinking of getting an XM Lifetime subscription to go with my SIRIUS Lifetime sub. I'm considering this to lock-in another radio before the price increase. That is, if the lifetime sub is no more than $400.

Just a couple of questions, what IS the current price for an XM lifetime sub? ... and like SIRIUS, does XM offer split payments?

Oh, and this is really a TSS question but if anyone knows... Does a new lifetime subscription count for any rebates? I would be a new XM customer.

Since you are a new XM sub, you qualify for the rebates. I think their payment plans are the same as Sirius. I just converted my XM to lifetime yesterday (same reason). I paid in one shot since if they do 3 payments that is 3 times the chances of them screwing something up (my opinion). The price is $399 + activation. If you are a current sub, it is $399 less prorated amount on your current subscription. $499 if you want Best Of Sirius.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I believe you qualify for any XM rebate :)

XM never had a lifetime plan until the merge (except for a short time in 2001 or 2002). The lifetime I have comes with BoS. Was $500 :shock:

I don't have any problems with it & I hope I never do. I never again want to call the XM care center at the state mental hospital in Osawatomie, Ks :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't want to see the CSR rep face to face? :)

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I recently bought a XM radio and lifetimed it with BOS. I also have a lifetimes Sirius radio. I wanted a new radio and it looks like Sirius won't be having any new radios for a while. By the way what are these rebates you guys are talking about? I paid $500 plus tax for lifetime plus BOS. If there is a rebate please let me know. By the way I activated my XM radio online with the one shot big payment. I used this code for free activation. It saved me $15. The code is XMSCION03 and it does work. Any rebate help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was talking about rebates for the radios... I've been considering the XMp3 (which is $149.99 after $80 mail-in rebate) or the XpressRC (which is $139.99 after instant rebate)

Suggestions on deciding between the two would be appreciated :)

I'm leaning towards the XMp3 because it comes with the home and car kit and it's only $10 more (unless there's something special about the XpressRC that I don't know about).

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was talking about rebates for the radios... I've been considering the XMp3 (which is $149.99 after $80 mail-in rebate) or the XpressRC (which is $139.99 after instant rebate)

I'm leaning towards the XMp3 because it comes with the home and car kit and it's only $10 more (unless there's something special about the XpressRC that I don't know about).

They are both nice radios from the looks of it. XMP3 is portable and can play MP3s and record. XPressRC has a neat colour display and is a plug and play.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

I bought the XpressRC off a guy on ebay for $129 with the homekit included. They were both brand new and the guy had 99.9% feedback. I didin't mind getting it off of Ebay. I bought a Sporster replay off ebay and it's still going after 5 years. Anyway the XpressRC is a nice reciver. I love the split screen and the ability to record 10 songs. I haven't had the change to check out the XMP3. I do hear its a good reciever. I also have a Sirius SL2 and its nice with the wifi and recording capabilities. I think your better off getting the lifetime. No more fees every 3 monthes. :ter: