Sirius internet player not connecting

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by Jay1187, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Jay1187

Jay1187 New Member

Good Morning,

For the last two days I have been having trouble logging into the sirius internet player at work.

I usually log in around 8am each day well yesterday and now today I keep getting either the message "Internet streaming is down" or this " Gateway Timeout
    The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
    Reference #1.ac76aad1.1237469608.802a352"

Yesterday I was finally able to get in around 10am and had no issues the rest of the day. Today I'm still having the same issue. Anyone else having this issue.

Also I'm at work and have downloaded the sirius yahoo widget and whenever I log in I get an error. "Error Login Failed" Error 403"

I only get this error at work, the widget works fine on my home laptop.

Thanks
    Jason

2. Similar Threads: Sirius internet
    Forum Title Date
    SIR & XMRO Internet Radio Best Internet Radio For SIRIUS XM Dec 9, 2012
    SIR & XMRO Internet Radio Announcing: NEW SiriusXM Internet Radio iOS App (Version 2.0 Released) 12-10-11 Dec 10, 2011
    SIR & XMRO Internet Radio Sirius XM Internet Radio iOS App (Version 1.6 Released) Sep 14, 2011
    SIR & XMRO Internet Radio Sirius internet radio (IE8) issues Aug 26, 2010
    SIR & XMRO Internet Radio problem with sirius internet feed Nov 14, 2009

3. wpicha

wpicha Member

I'm home from work today, and I'm having the same trouble. Their media player won't load, and I also attempted logging in using stream_ON and Replay A/V.
    No luck with any of them. Since their player won't load it must be an issue at Sirius.
  4. Jay1187

Jay1187 New Member

Thanks for the information at least its not only me with the problems.
  5. Jay1187

Jay1187 New Member

Update: I just logged in, I hope this does not become a daily issue.
  6. The Fuzz 53

The Fuzz 53 New Member

It has become a daily problem. It's BS that now that people have to pay to listen on the internet that the service has actually degraded.

So much for that merger being good for the customers. This company will be dead in a year if this keeps up, paying more for less.
  7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Same here. It worked for a while this morning, now nothing.
  8. asaberan

asaberan New Member

This is bullshit. I started having this problem last week with Stream_On and I couldn't get the Sirius player to work either. Miraculously at like 10 am it starts working again.

Yesterday I had the same problem and I was prompted after signing in at Sirius.com to add the $2.99 internet subscription to my account. I did so and thought that was the cause of my problems and yet I try to sign in this morning and I have the same damn problem.

I sure am glad I didn't sign up for a year to lock in my rate. After 5 years as a customer they charge me more and give me shittier service. I'd hate to cancel and thought I never would in the beginning, but it seems like it's just one thing after another with this company. I shouldn't have to TRY to be a customer.
  9. tsave31

tsave31 New Member

If the player has already started playing something for me and I go to change it, I get a temporarily unavailable thing. When I exit and try to log back in, I get the gateway timeout.
  10. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I'm calling XM to get my password. Hopefully that will work.
  11. MAJ Badmotherfarker

F*cking XM charges for online streaming now?? What is this bullshit?? Obviously I haven't been paying attention recently.
  12. Dragline

Dragline New Member

I've been having the same problems since last Thursday. When I sign in, it either times out with some technical error. Or, I'll get the "Sirius Internet Radio is Temporarily Unavailable". When I am able to get in, it will often times give me the error when I stop a stream or try to change channels.

It's very frustrating, to say the least. I agree with asaberan about having to "try" to be a customer. Five years ago, I loved the service and recommended it to everyone. Now, it's disappointment after disappointment.

There's no reason I should have to switch to a free service (Pandora) when I'm paying for Sirius.
  13. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I feel the same way every Fri-Mon. Besides NPR, there's nothing but replays all weekend and the "best of Stern" on Friday is lame at best.
  14. slycon

slycon New Member

Just registered here so that I could say the same thing. The player has not been loading for me at work, giving me the "Temporarily Unavailable" and other various error messages. I have also found that around 10am, it starts working again, although today it isn't. Very annoying. Emails to Sirius have only generated canned responses and no real information. They claim they are unaware of any of this :rolleyes:
  15. asaberan

asaberan New Member

Welp, read over on SternFanNetwork that this is issue is quite large and most (if not all) are experiencing it. It appears that most people who have it working have signed in early in the morning and it starts working for me again once The Howard Stern Show is over at 11 am. This has been consistent since last week.

Sounds to me like someone lowered the bandwidth significantly to save costs. What a thanks to longtime customers such as myself and Dragline who now pay an additional $2.99/month to not even receive the same service we got last week (for FREE I might add).

Are you listening Sirius????!?!?! Probably not, it seems all complaints fall on deaf ears. One of these days they'll realize they are nothing without paying subscribers.
  16. The Fuzz 53

The Fuzz 53 New Member

Another great fucking idea by Mel Karmazin. Let's charge people for something we used to give for free and make it mucho shittier now that they are paying for it.
  17. Cruslife

Cruslife New Member

Fixed the Issue with Sirius and Media Player 11

Ok here's what I did:

1) Download/install Firefox
    2) Download/install VLC player
    3) Download/install Mediaplayer connectivity plug-in for firefox
    4a) In firefox click tools menu
    4b) Scroll down to Mediaplayer connectivity
    4c) Scroll to Configure
    4d) Make sure there is a Check in the Windows Media box and then click Browse and choose VLC player icon from desktop.

Now open Sirius MediaPlayer at sirius.com. Log-in. Choose Channel. VLC player should open and give it a minute to load. Enjoy.
  18. The Fuzz 53

The Fuzz 53 New Member

Look like I got lucky and managed to sign in this morning.

Just for fun though, I opened Firefox and tried to open the media player, and that is now showing the Unavailable message.
  19. tsave31

tsave31 New Member

It's down again right now.
  20. asaberan

asaberan New Member

I can't get in again either. Yesterday at 11 a.m. it worked fine for the rest of the day; clearly a bandwidth issue.

I sent an email to Sirius, lets hope these bastards are listening. They have a couple more days to fix the issue or I'm canceling the online service and will seriously consider canceling my subscription altogether. I have an iPod that I can use and it always works.
  21. mcf57

mcf57 New Member

I have been having the same problem for about a week now. Random problems with the player. It mainly becomes evident when I try to change the channel. It won't allow me to change, but the current station will continue to stream and play alright.

I've now found myself having to plan what station I want to really listen to for a long period of time because of this problem. Kind of annoying. Otherwise, it will crap out on me if I try to change channels & I will have to close it. Then wait for the service to be back up to get any kind of station playing again or want to listen to something different.

My free internet streaming lasts till September since I renewed before 3/11/09. I was planning on just paying the $2.99/month fee, but if this continues, no way will I subscribe to the premium internet stream. I'll either listen to other mp3 music on my computer or just listen to Stern shows I download from other locations and be about a day behind.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009