Sirius / Grace Wireless Internet Radio

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
the idea of it being wireless and and almost like a boombox is cool, but it looks like its lacking a lot of the feature that a receiver has to offer. also on that page it shows it going for $150, but when you click on the check it out link they show a price of $180, unless i missed something.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Uhh... unless I'm missing something that is a REALLY bad deal. It looks like it only plays Sirius internet radio. They have another grace radio for ten or twenty bucks more that plays tons of different things, AND sirius internet radio.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Go for the ASUS wood grain model!

ASUS AIR 90ER01WUSDD00 Internet Radio Wood Tone FSTN Graphics Display WLAN MP3 WMA-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Uhh... unless I'm missing something that is a REALLY bad deal. It looks like it only plays Sirius internet radio. They have another grace radio for ten or twenty bucks more that plays tons of different things, AND sirius internet radio.

This one does all that as well, it just because it's on SIRIUS' website they are going to focus on the SIRIUS stuff and not mention competing services because that just doesn't make sense for obvious reasons.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
This one does all that as well, it just because it's on SIRIUS' website they are going to focus on the SIRIUS stuff and not mention competing services because that just doesn't make sense for obvious reasons.

It doesn't make sense that Sirius is actually being smart! :eek:

Skip

Feb 19, 2009
I have 2 Grace Radios. You need the Premium Sirius internet service to use them with Sirius. You also can listen to Pandora with them. Also just about any station with an online feed. You can also listen to podcasts through their RSS feeds. You set up an account at https://www.reciva.com/ The sound quality is just OK.

digital100

Oct 15, 2008
Northern Virginia
Thanks, I was wondering if this was a Sirius specific radio or a general purpose internet radio that receives Sirius Internet radio. Satellite works great in my car but not at all in my house, and the internet stream has much better sound quality.

I actually think that Sirius could get many more home subscribers with a simple Sirius only solution integrated with a Bose wave, Boston Acoustic, or Tivoli type of radio that you could just plug in ethernet or configure wireless to get Sirius music channels.

You said the sound is just okay. I wonder if it has decent sound quality when hooked up to a amp / speakers.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah something under 30% THD would be nice. You have to love when the song fades to nothing yet you get all the compression artifacts trying to reproduce silence.

Embarrassing but if the internet stream eliminates this I'd definitely be down with it in the house.

Skip

Feb 19, 2009
I also have a Tivoli Model One. The sound quality of the Tivoli is better then the Grace. The Sirius Boomboxes are a bit better also. To hook the Grace to another amp or stereo it is through mini headphone jack to rca jack. Which is not all that great.. The internet radio part of the radio is pretty cool. Alot of channels from around the world to check out. If you want good sound quality it is not the answer if you want alot of internet radio channels from around the world without have to use your computer it is great for that. They do make a Tivoli Sirius Radio [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tivoli-Model-Satellite-Table-Sirius/dp/B0007R6L8G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235182111&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Tivoli Model Satellite Table Radio (Sirius Satellite Radio / AM / FM ): Electronics[/ame] But I have no experience with it.

digital100

Oct 15, 2008
Northern Virginia
Skip, the Tivoli Satellite radio looks nice, but there is no satellite signal inside my house. It would be nice if it just had an ethernet jack or wireless adapter for Sirius Internet.

Skip

Feb 19, 2009
Another way to listen to Sirius Internet feed is with an iPhone or iPod Touch hooked to an amp or stereo with this app if and when it comes out. StarPlayr FAQ