Sirius Backstage Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 11, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Can anyone imagine this many posts and this much info being shared at SBS at its current speed? I am having trouble keeping up with this forum as it is. I have given up on XMFAN. Too much information too fast.
  2. styckx

styckx Member

This place blows away XMFAN or XM411 IMO and not being biased cause I know a some of these people

Miss SBS though, I met a lot of good people there years back.

God I remember winning the Maxim Radio Yo Momma Championship away from Jay still. hahahahaa
  3. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I just tried going there and got an error.
  4. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I think it may have died today. I can't get on either.
  5. IdRatherBeSkiing

With the load XMFAN crashed last night. But they had an admin to go back and bring it back up quickly. If SBS crashed ... it is probably gone.
  6. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I can't get to it either. Poor little guy just couldn't keep up anymore. The Atari 800 finally went up in smoke. Time to upgrade to a Commodore 64.
  7. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

If it crashed there is nobody there to fix it right?
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

That is correct unless there is an automated reboot thing every so often.

Since a lot of members are coming here based upon signatures in SBS perhaps one the the former admins/mods could do something but it may be beyond their power. Or maybe its better to just let it die rather than ensure a long and slow death.

And maybe now hyson will come over here.
  9. MM

MM Administrator

I will do nothing.

Hyson is already here, they are just not posting.
  10. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I believe hyson can't post here because it's blocked at work, or something to that effect.
  11. styckx

styckx Member

This place is better then SBS IMO. SBS was great for its time, but it really focused on one service and not digial radio as a whole. Its time was ticking anyways. DRC is perfect and it shows by the participation and amount of traffic it's seeing in its young life. Same can be said about XM411/XMFAN at this point I think. Gotta broaden your horizons past a specific brand/company and embrace all of them as a whole.
  12. drcmathguy

drcmathguy New Member

Hello SBS guys

I'm in.

Tried to get SBS today, but no deal. I found this thread, me_rubin, dab, and knew it was time for a change. SBS was a great resource. I hope they'll set up a thread archive.

Sirius S50 since June 2006 still working fine w/latest 1.5.6, etc.

Am I the only person still using bclbob's yes50?

Be merry,
    Formerly known as siriusmathguy
  13. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

As SBS seems dead now, I did a little bit of a trip down memory lane and looked back at SBS on archive.org.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

There's a good display of the site growing over time, and changing, also a lot of sirius launch photos they posted that are still able to be viewed. Very interesting.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  14. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

WOW, that brings back memories! Also helps me to appreciate how far I've come along with logo design. :D
    Grüpsaar likes this.
  15. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Hehe. There are some improvements, that's for sure!
  16. geo

geo New Member

Ok, I think I read every single post in this thread, but I'm still wondering. What exactly happened to SBS? I used to be a frequent member there since 2004, but kinda left the scene and forgot about it. Now I'm trying to get back on there but the site isn't coming up. I read a post on XMFan about this site...but...what happened?

I saw a post that Jeff left? Why did he leave? I don't understand why people would leave a project they started, I mean it's their creation, why abandon it? (if that was the case?)

And what happened to the "new owner?" Why didn't he take care of it? I'm sorry fellas, but this is driving me crazy. I really liked that site, lots of useful info, even had my original pictures of my install using the original 1st gen Clarion PNP. Super tiny display, and very bulky, but I loved it! Then I had a Clarion Calypso, and that suddenly died so I switched to a Sportster 4? (or whatever the skinny one is with the blue screen. :(

I know no one here remembers or knows me, but that's ok. Like I said, I've been out of the loop for a couple years...
  17. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

19. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

yup it is back up and im still banned.
  20. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

It did not get any faster...