Sirius Backstage Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 11, 2008.

1. MM

MM Administrator

I agree 100%. Good comments DAB.
  2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Wait until we unveil the new logo. :bigthumbup:
  3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

This picture is dedicated to SBS! Here is my original homemade boombox. I used a Jensen SRS2000 tuner and a heavy duty boombox, it was powered with a battery backup battery. What a monster to lug around. I loved Sat Radio so much though it was no big deal.

[​IMG]
  4. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I don't know about you guys, but this already feels like the new place to be. SBS feels like it's had it's run.
  5. MM

MM Administrator

:lol: :help: :idunno:

I can say this now, but "WOW"! ;)
  6. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

FrankenRadio is back!
  7. MM

MM Administrator

Breaker, breaker 1 9, have you seen my boombox?
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

LOL, I remember taking that thing out to the beach and this lady said. "What the HELL is that" I was like Sat Radio, she was like "That thing is scary looking". But after she listened for awhile she said, where can I buy one of those. hehehe
  9. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Holy shit, the memories that brings back... :hah:

I remember when DAB and I would 'fight' over who got their new hardware review posted first...especially the good ol' Kenwood H2A.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  10. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Thank you DAB...I'm looking forward to this new community!
  11. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

We actually have a few of those Jensen Radios that were sent to us free recently. I think they are cool and I'm putting them in my SIRIUS museum but I've heard they were all de-activated :(
  12. MM

MM Administrator

Send one to DAB so he can start a new project. :rofl2:
  13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yes, we always tried to see who could get their hands on equipment first. I remember when the Clarion Tuner was released. It was one of the first smaller tuners, I drove all the way to Houston to get it, so I could do the first review. CRAZY!

I loved the H2A, I cooked my eggs on that thing every morning for about 8 months. It was great! :yesshake:

DAB

14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

:rofl2: by chance how much did that way? Still one the best monster radios I have ever seen. :2funny:
  15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The battery weighed about 8lbs and the radio and tuner was probably 20lbs. So damn near 30 lbs. :eek:
  16. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I will try to get my museum up and going. I'll take pics of all the old stuff I have. Most of it is new in box too. It's so cool to see how far the SIRIUS Hardware has come really.
  17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Cool, I've love to see all the stuff, because I probably owned most of them at one time or another! hehehe ;)
  18. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

SBS was a nice little site for a few years. I got a lot of good information there about both Sirius and XM. I wish SBS could be what it was when I first found and I wish Sirius was still like it was when I first found that as well. Things change.
  19. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Hey Fergz, I am glad you made it over! I was missing all my buddies that make me think outside the box, you are one of them. Always love our good discussions. :)
  20. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

If you need an Audiovox SR-SIR001FM tuner still in the box for your museum collection, I will gladly donate it to you. I got it free from Circuit City a few years back when I needed to replace a Terk original antenna but since I already had a Kenwood SIRIUS tuner installed, the unit has been collecting dust in the corner ever since.

I had to do an extensive search just to find a picture of that unit.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008