Sirius and XM Radio Finally merge into one website.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
new-sirius-xm.jpg

It took almost three years but Sirius XM Radio has finally merger both Sirius.com and Xmradio.com. I made a post about this the other night, while visiting Sirius.com I saw the new site but it was quickly removed so I removed the post not wanting to report false information.

Besides a the new logo which so far looks good, the new Site is cleaner and easier to navigate. I have not tried listening online yet but did see a few complaints online this morning. It’s nice to see Sirius Xm slowly making progress on merging the two companies together. I’m always getting questions from confused potential subscribers on the differences between both companies so this looks like a step in the right direction.

The new site can be reached at*Siriusxm.com

Leave your thoughts on the new site in the comments below.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

*********************************************************************************************
ALSO REPORTED BY MacFanatic!
*********************************************************************************************

check it out:
http://www.siriusxm.com/ is finally useful

Both sirius.com and xmradio.com now redirect to SiriusXM.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HecticArt

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
new-sirius-xm.jpg

It took almost three years but Sirius XM Radio has finally merger both Sirius.com and Xmradio.com. I made a post about this the other night, while visiting Sirius.com I saw the new site but it was quickly removed so I removed the post not wanting to report false information.

Besides a the new logo which so far looks good, the new Site is cleaner and easier to navigate. I have not tried listening online yet but did see a few complaints online this morning. It’s nice to see Sirius Xm slowly making progress on merging the two companies together. I’m always getting questions from confused potential subscribers on the differences between both companies so this looks like a step in the right direction.

The new site can be reached at*Siriusxm.com

Leave your thoughts on the new site in the comments below.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I just noticed this and called to see if I could switch a Lifetime Sirius subscription over to XM. Not yet.

I spoke with a supervisor and it sounded liked that was on the horizon (with in the next year or so). It wasn't an official statement by any means but apparently the people inside get how dumb it looks from the outside.

Also, I told him: while small, it'd also be nice if you lined up your channels so that when my daughter is listening to Sirius and calls me up to tell me to listen to ch 40 it's the same thing that's on my XM radio on ch 40.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The site looks good, still waiting for the day when both companies finally have the same channels lineup, instead flipping the channel from one company to the other.

SXMN

Mar 11, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
www.siriusxmnews.com
I had this up over the weekend but I had MM remove it because I thought I was seeing things....:shifty: Guess I wasn't ;)

I like the new design, nice and clean and easy to navigate. Don't really care for the new logo but it's not horrible.

Looks like the two companies should be fully merged by the end of this year when Satellite Radio 2.0 launches.
;)

Reactions: Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I had this up over the weekend but I had MM remove it because I thought I was seeing things....:shifty: Guess I wasn't ;)

I like the new design, nice and clean and easy to navigate. Don't really care for the new logo but it's not horrible.

Looks like the two companies should be fully merged by the end of this year when Satellite Radio 2.0 launches.
;)

Good times! It looks like you stumbled on a live test over the weekend.

Looking forward to channels and billings to be one soon too.

They are getting active as hell lately. I don't think I've ever gotten as much mail or email from them as I have in the last few months.
Posted via Mobile Device

SXMN

Mar 11, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
www.siriusxmnews.com
Good times! It looks like you stumbled on a live test over the weekend.

Looking forward to channels and billings to be one soon too.

They are getting active as hell lately. I don't think I've ever gotten as much mail or email from them as I have in the last few months.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah it was up long enough for me to get a screen shot, I refreshed after and it was gone.

I noticed that also, last 2-3 weeks there have been more emails then usual.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I can't get into my account.

I assume if I use my Sirius login, I can get at my Sirius account and my XM login would be my XM account. But I can't get into either right now.

ETA:I can listen online.

ETA: It tells me to fill in all required info even though I have given username and password which is all it is asking for.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I had the same problem until I remembered on the XM side we have a master login for account management and a separate login for online player.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I had the same problem until I remembered on the XM side we have a master login for account management and a separate login for online player.

I didn't try my XM login. Started with the Sirius one.

I think the issue may be that at work they still have us on IE6. Will try from home.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I tried getting into my account and it a bit different, probably still updating it?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
One thing that I noticed right off the bat is when you go to the online store. It appears to be all XM equipment now. Not surprising and actually right on cue. The one way you eventually get everyone to be on the XM side is you quit selling Sirius radios then over time everyone ends up there.

The site is nice, I am able to access my online account, the billing system is much quicker than on the old site. Plus I was able to listen online with no issues.

On almost every page they really are pushing these Smartphone apps too.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
One thing that I noticed right off the bat is when you go to the online store. It appears to be all XM equipment now.

Thanks for pointing that now. I didn't even notice it! It looks like they are still selling Sirius equipment, but you have to go to it from http://shop.sirius.com/ to get to that portion of the site. There doesn't appear to be any easily accessible links visible on the SiriusXM Store front page to link to Sirius radios...

I wonder if TSS Radio has gotten any info about a possible discontinuation of Sirius radios in the near future?

Reactions: Aaron

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I wonder if TSS Radio has gotten any info about a possible discontinuation of Sirius radios in the near future?

Good question, but I think the mere fact that you can't get to it unless you know the URL from the previous store front, means the writing is on the wall. They may still have equipment for a short while, but I don't think you'll see them rolling out anything new and if they haven't already will likely discontinue Sirius equipment soon enough.