Sirius and Stern accused of worker abuse?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Die_LaMattres, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

Not enough space in the title area?
  2. Die_LaMattres

It doesn't? Did you read the article? Here is a portion of the very FIRST section of it:

"Labor rights watchdog challenges Howard Stern -- who lampooned Kathie Lee Gifford over the exploitation of child workers in Honduras who sewed her clothing for Wal-Mart -- to confront Sirius Satellite Radio for the abusive sweatshop conditions faced by women workers at the Kiryung Electronics factory in Korea, where they assembled Sirius Satellite Radios

No need to leap.
  3. Davis

Davis Member

Right, for abusive sweatshop conditions in ANOTHER COMPANY. This company is an independent Korean company. It isn't Sirius; it is Kiryung Electronics. Nowhere does the article say that Sirius is accused only that Stern should confront Sirius. Why confront Sirius? So they [Sirius] can address the issue with Kiryng Electronics.
    Jgatie likes this.
  4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Welcome back DLM!!!!! Pissing people off as usual. I love it. Please keep it up. Sometimes I think its you verses the world(or board). :bigthumbup:
  5. Davis

Davis Member

I don't think he is pissing anybody off (if he is then those people need to get a life). It is actually funny that he is so hell-bent on bashing Howard and Sirius even if he has to stretch the truth yet he continues (so he says) to listen.
  6. Die_LaMattres

Indeed he was. Hey, bro - How have you been? Glad to see they gave you your screen name back. For the few days I had it, I had a strange feeling of constant confusion. Oh, well.

Does your instant karma comment mean I'll be banned again? LOL.
  7. Die_LaMattres

Don't shoot the messenger, bro. It's obvious the company in question isn't Sirius. That's the point - rather than produce their own radios at the secret Sirius factory, they chose to cut costs and farm out their production line to the Koreans. And now look what's happened! I hope everything is all better real soon.
  8. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  9. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I'll pass on any exchange with you, thanks. Spent too much time on it at the last place. Do feel free to post in any thread you can bring something positive to. Who knows, you just may learn to like it.
  10. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Bob Schimmel is a great guest!
    Ten weeks vacation and Fridays off is a win win situation for everyone.
    I hope Howard interviews Billy Joel's young wife again when she does the sequel to her cook book and this time for more than an hour!
    Howard should devote an entire show to the good work of the North Shore Animal League!
    Let's have more of Sal and Richard's phony phone calls to take-out restaurants. They kill every time. There is nothing funnier than an immigrant who had trouble speaking English!
    This Friday I am praying that they replay Beth talking about her wedding dress.
  11. Davis

Davis Member

Oh, so you know that the company in question isn't Sirius yet you made the thread title. Yup, still a troll. It's good to see that you haven't changed a bit.
  12. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Funny, I never sought to converse with you . . . a habit I plan to continue. Now enjoy your repetitive, cliche posting future here at DRC. :bigthumbup:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I may have a repetitive, cliche posting future at DRC but there are no repeats or cliches in my post.

I guess my point is that is it pretty hard to do nothing but purely positive posts. Suppose you are unhappy with the way a guest is interviewed and want to talk about it... ? Suppose Howard reinstitutes his Radio Drama skits (or whatever those things were called) which were quite bad and he does one every week and you don't like it, then a negative post is in order.
    You really would have no forum if every post were a happy, postive post. So what if some posters are always negative... assume what is generally true that they are hard core fans (DML) who care about the quality of the show. They are what make the Howard Stern world go round.
    No ... be negative about the show...when the spirit moves you ... but be postive about other posters and their motives.
  14. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Someone obviously doesn't know the meaning of the words "I never sought to converse with you".

I'll rephrase - I positively never sought to converse with you! :rolleyes:
  15. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I'm loving it. All of it. I'm really glad you got your name back and your here.
  16. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Thanks man. But don't expect me to have much to do with the above crap. I kind of like the atmosphere around here and realize my little feuds didn't do anything to stop the level of conversation from decaying, they simply gave more reason for them to rant, and thus contributed to the rot.
  17. Die_LaMattres

Yes, I did.

A troll? I think you have me confused with the guy who was the hired piano player at Howard's third wedding.
  18. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I thought this was a forum... not a private conversation. Who asked you to respond? [rolleyes]
  19. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Ooooo, cunty.
  20. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

:bigthumbup: