Sirius and Dish Network

Agateman

Oct 21, 2008
Now that it appears that Liberty and Mel K. are the winners, will Charlie Ergen take the SIRIUS music channels off of Dish Network?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Now that it appears that Liberty and Mel K. are the winners, will Charlie Ergen take the SIRIUS music channels off of Dish Network?

With Muzak in Chapter 11, I don't think he'll touch Sirius music until he has a stable alternative. It will all come down to whether he holds a grudge over how things progressed here.

sportboy

Dec 18, 2008
I think its to early to tell who the winners are at this stage of the game. In due time, I think there will be changes with Sat. radio.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
There's URGE and Music Choice as two options.

OTOH, DirecTV should still have XM, which is technically now Sirius XM. :p

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
With Muzak in Chapter 11, I don't think he'll touch Sirius music until he has a stable alternative. It will all come down to whether he holds a grudge over how things progressed here.

How could he hold a grudge? He has made something like $62 million dollars off this transaction.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
What purpose would it serve? I'd like to think the guy built a multi-billion fortune by conducting good business, not by having knee-jerk personal reactions. Did Ergen ever say he was trying to take over SiriusXM or was it all speculation by the "experts"?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Nope - I wasn't saying he was going to hold a grudge, just that it would be the only thing that I could see causing it to happen. Charlie likes money, and as long as the Sirius deal doesn't change much, I don't see Charlie doing anything but chilling.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Mind you, Dish Network also has "DishCD", although it's not as good as Sirius.

I believe that all non-Sirius music channels are supplied by Muzak. If there are others, they are a select few.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Just to let you know the Urge Music Channels are TERRIBLE. I have them on my cable and I wish I had Music Choice back. Heck I wouldn't mind if Sirius XM replaced the music stations with Music Choice!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Just to let you know the Urge Music Channels are TERRIBLE. I have them on my cable and I wish I had Music Choice back. Heck I wouldn't mind if Sirius XM replaced the music stations with Music Choice!

I think this is what my Mom has with Comcast - I had it on a week or two back when I was over at her place doing some work, and at least the heavy metal channel was a pretty decent mix.