Sirius after-market radio for a 2006 Pacifica

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
We have been getting some really good feedback about Pioneer and Alpine satellite ready aftermarket units. Customers seem to really be happy with the display information it provides. I would look into either one of those companies and see what radios they have in their line up.

Couchpotato

Dec 19, 2008
Michigan
Yes..it does have the extra cover for it, as it is a single DIMM unit. The space you see is a small storage bin that is built into the cover. I had this installed at a car stereo place, but you can buy all you need at Crutchfield, or even E-bay if you wanted. Here is another pic from back abit to see more...

Attachments

• Pacifica SIRI-XM 001.jpg
    Pacifica SIRI-XM 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 9

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Thanks. So is the space a double-DIN? Crutchfield shows that double-DIN units don't fit. I'm traveling now or I would go out an measure the opening.

Couchpotato

Dec 19, 2008
Michigan
I believe it's not a true double DIMM, just bigger than a single DIMM, thus the need for the cover plate to hide the extra space. There are some fancier units out there, but for the $$, I really like mine. As you can see, I installed RCA audio cable in the back to run my XM unit as well. Check this thread (post #94) for more pics of my set up if ya need..

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-install-bay/85-show-us-pics-your-setup-10.html

Reactions: Biaviian

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Last question. Were you able to link your steering wheel controls into the unit?