SIRGM2L & 2010 GMC Terrain

brisket_lover

Dec 14, 2009
Has anyone tried this unit in the Terrain yet? I picked up a Terrain on Saturday and the only bad thing about it is the XM. I need my Sirius. I have a lifetime subscription and a few others in the family so now I need one in here.

Thanks for any insight.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Unfortunately I do not have any information on the GMC terrain. One thing you could do is look behind the glove box. Your XM unit may be located there. It should have two plugs going into it. One is a 16 pin plug and the other is just a single input, that is your antenna. If you see this box then the GM2L should work for it. If your vehicle does not have this box located in it then it may not be convertible.

brisket_lover

Dec 14, 2009
I'll check it out soon. They sure make oem radios a lot better now a days then they used to. Also with the configurations it has to look pretty bad to swap out an oem for an off the shelf head unit.

jn24uk

Jan 10, 2010
Has anyone tried this unit in the Terrain yet? I picked up a Terrain on Saturday and the only bad thing about it is the XM. I need my Sirius. I have a lifetime subscription and a few others in the family so now I need one in here.

Thanks for any insight.
I just bought a Terrain as well. Do you know how to remove the stereo?

carguy332000

Jan 19, 2010
Unfortunately the SIRGM2L won't work with the new 2010 Terrain. I have one on order and I just got back from the dealer. he checked and XM is now just a chip inside the radio unit, not a external box like the 2009 Equinox had.