SIR-KEN1 sirius connect tuner question

mickk

Mar 8, 2009
hello everyone,

I have just got a new vehicle and purchased a new kenwood deck for it. the kenwood deck model is MP-342U. now i have taken out my sirius connect tuner from my other vehicle which is the old kenwood sirius connect tuner model SIR-KEN1.

my question is does anyone know if the tuner will be compatible with the new kenwood deck?

Thanks

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I know the older KEN1's are not compatible with the MP series from kenwood. The KEN1 is too old and apparently does not have the right programming in it. The new Kenwood connection kits do though. Our site doesn't show that it's compatible but I know it is. Even Crutchfield recommends this kit for that radio. Here is a link: Kenwood Sirius Connect Package

mickk

Mar 8, 2009
thanks for the repy

what do you mean by programming? are you referring to Sirius channels or the software in the kenwood deck? because i have been using this tuner since 2006 with no issues with Sirius Canada.

mickk

Mar 8, 2009
well with your advice i called the store i got the new deck from and told him about it and said to bring the tuner in to the store to try it on there board. so i went in with the tuner and they had the same model deck they sold me on display and after he connected it to the back lo and behold it did work. i was able to select the SAT source and the channel info did display but we were inside so there was no way we were able to get a signal but it shouldn't be an issue since it looks like it is working with it

So if anyone is looking for a cheap Sirius tuner for there kenwood deck, check on the net or ebay and pick this tuner up. its cheaper than the universal and you do not have to buy any additional adapters for it. :cool:

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Good to know it worked for you. Sometimes they don't post all of the compatibility for these radios so it can tend to be hit or miss. I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I also connected a Sirius connect pnr1 to an old xm-ready Pioneer HU in my boat, and it worked as well. I think I'm gonna take it out, and put a cd-sb10, and scvdoc1 in my boat, so I can share a pnp subscription.