Sir-gm3a

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'm glad you asked. This thing has been in demand for about 2 1/2 years and it's kinda a travesty. I think to be blunt it's unlikely it will get made or sold though it's been in development.

It feels to me a lot of the stuff in development has been kinda put on the back burner to focus on the transition of the merger.

This GM3A piece is something we bitch to SIRIUS about more than anyone. We want it built. I think now that the merger is in place maybe we can be even more vocal about it so they know EVEN AFTER THE MERGER people still want it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If they do combine the music channels, would this not kill the demand for converters in all the cars? XM or Sirius would be the same.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
Thanks, I figured the merger would squash any continuing development on it, but we are still hopeful. My wife really doesn't want me to remove the head and disturb the controls in the steering wheel, yet she really likes Sirius better, as I do too. Also, when renewal comes I get tired of fighting for the reduced rate, I am not going to pay full price for an XM account in a vehicle when I have 2 other Sirius accounts, 1 at a reduced rate, used to be 2 until the new car came with XM. The gall of them to merge a company and then not offer multiple mixed accounts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
There still will be a lot that's unique to each service. If you listened to just music then I don't think it would matter, but it's different if you are into sports or talk stations.

As it stands, if the music is identical, a XM sub with Best Of Sirius would get you almost everything.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
As it stands, if the music is identical, a XM sub with Best Of Sirius would get you almost everything.

It really depends what a lot of people listen to and what they combine. I've heard they will combine around 25 channels. Not sure if traffic and weather are included in those but for sure the 5 or 6 decades channels will be in there.

If you look at what the "Premium" Channels are on here I suspect a lot of those will only be on SIRIUS. A lot of people really only listen to about 5 or 6 stations. So if you listen to Sinatra, Elvis, Maxim, Cosmo, OutQ, or Foxxhole or stations like that you might miss them if you got XM with the Best of SIRIUS.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It really depends what a lot of people listen to and what they combine. I've heard they will combine around 25 channels. Not sure if traffic and weather are included in those but for sure the 5 or 6 decades channels will be in there.

If you look at what the "Premium" Channels are on here I suspect a lot of those will only be on SIRIUS. A lot of people really only listen to about 5 or 6 stations. So if you listen to Sinatra, Elvis, Maxim, Cosmo, OutQ, or Foxxhole or stations like that you might miss them if you got XM with the Best of SIRIUS.

True. You would miss non-crossover content. But is what you are missing worth $8.95 more per month?

On another note, Sinatra would probably replace High Standards on XM. It used to be a Sinatra channel before XM decided not to pay Sinatra's family for the name rights anymore.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
True. You would miss non-crossover content. But is what you are missing worth $8.95 more per month?

On another note, Sinatra would probably replace High Standards on XM. It used to be a Sinatra channel before XM decided not to pay Sinatra's family for the name rights anymore.

I'm not sure where the $8.95 a month comes in. People just want to convert the XM to SIRIUS because most of the Talk and Sports they Want is on SIRIUS. They wouldn't even want to get Best of XM. And on the current GM1 Kit isn't capable of Best of XM, so it would simply be $12.95 per month.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure where the $8.95 a month comes in. People just want to convert the XM to SIRIUS because most of the Talk and Sports they Want is on SIRIUS. They wouldn't even want to get Best of XM. And on the current GM1 Kit isn't capable of Best of XM, so it would simply be $12.95 per month.

I was thinking of dual subing to get all the channels ($25.90 - $16.95 = $8.95). I guess I have drifted from the original topic.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
Actually we just want Sirius, and that would be another $6,99 for an additional radio. If we kept XM and added Best of Sirius we would have to pay $12.95 + $4.99 (or what is is), so $10 more for what we want is not a good deal, that $120/year covers the bill for my daughter's cell phone. And we don't really like XM, so why not change it out if possible.

Right now I am paying $77 for XM, but if we wanted to add BOS then it goes full price plus the add on. $10 or $11 more a month, on top of my Sirius account.:rolleyes:

CraigW

Oct 14, 2008
Maryland
Like Tayler said, I'd like to just be able to get my current Sirius on the XM head unit, Sirius has everything I want!

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
We have multiple options now for many new GM Vehicles and some more. If you haven't checked lately checkout this section.
In Dash For Stock Radios | TSS-Radio

We have the GM3A essentially. It's called the GM2L. It's really not meant for mass consumers but it works. And they are used. It's just a box, but it works great. Will require an Antenna or an adapter to use the Factory XM Antenna.
GM Sirius Connect SIRGM2L

We also have another solution that will integrate iPod and SIRIUS into many Vehicles for this example, here it is for newer GMs.
iSimple Media Gateway GM1 Sirius Connect Kit

We are so excited about all these since they are unique and there has been a good amount of demand for them.

dc1673

Feb 22, 2010
The merger isn't going to happen in Canada and I have a Sirius lifetime sub that could be transfered... is there a SIRGM3 part (or third party equivalent available?) I saw mention of the unit in a Sirius software update note, but I still cannot find the part... Also, in the past I saw a way to convert the ONSTAR mirror into a bluetooth handsfree unit, complete with radio mute etc... - unfortunately I lost the link: does anyone have any idea on what the part might be and from which company? I own a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with the 6 CD Sat radio set up for XM (Monsoon radio?)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The merger isn't going to happen in Canada and I have a Sirius lifetime sub that could be transfered... is there a SIRGM3 part (or third party equivalent available?) I saw mention of the unit in a Sirius software update note, but I still cannot find the part... Also, in the past I saw a way to convert the ONSTAR mirror into a bluetooth handsfree unit, complete with radio mute etc... - unfortunately I lost the link: does anyone have any idea on what the part might be and from which company? I own a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with the 6 CD Sat radio set up for XM (Monsoon radio?)

The GM2L I posted above is essentially the GM3A. The GM3A will never come out. The 2007 Saturn Aura make work with it, but we can't guarantee it. We could sell it to you and then if it worked great if not you could return it, but you will have a lot of shipping fees, and taxes to pay by being in Canada.

I don't know about the Onstar Bluetooth kit.

dc1673

Feb 22, 2010
I'll be in FL in a couple of weeks, so I have ordered and will try it out there. I'll post to let you know about the compatibility with the Saturn Aura XR.

I found the the ONStar replacement - called Bluestar 2010
costartech.com - BlueSTAR

If anyone has used this, I would appreciate some feedback

Thanks
dc

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'll be in FL in a couple of weeks, so I have ordered and will try it out there. I'll post to let you know about the compatibility with the Saturn Aura XR.

I found the the ONStar replacement - called Bluestar 2010
costartech.com - BlueSTAR

If anyone has used this, I would appreciate some feedback

Thanks
dc

Excellent. I can't wait to hear if it works or not. It's super easy to install as well. If you have any problems just let me know.