Since they're off for Martin Luther King day...

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Can't Howard fly out to California, tape the show on Monday and head back to work for Tuesday's show?

Or work Monday and take off Thursday.

Better yet:

Leave immediately after Thursday's show and get there in time for Friday's show. Yeah, he'd have to spend time in a hotel, but we Sirius subscribers wouldn't be screwed out of a live show and he'd have more than enough time to get back to NYC for Tuesday's show.

The second idea would be to do it via satellite, like how he did Jimmy Kimmel's show a while back.

The third idea would be to do it over a week's vacation, which isn't the next vacation in March? That way, he'd have more than enough time to travel AND it would kind of be like getting "new material" during a vacation.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Howard going to California would seriously cut into his "Trying to reach Artie" time.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think Howard should do Conan, but I also think that Conan should ambush Howard with Triumph much like the Jackie Puppet did to Howard years ago. That would be funny.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
why does howard always complain about flying to california yet, he goes to florida, mexico, and flies his helicopter to the hamptons every vacation he gets?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
why does howard always complain about flying to california yet, he goes to florida, mexico, and flies his helicopter to the hamptons every vacation he gets?

Maybe it has something to do with the quick turnaround that a trip to LA would require?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Mutt is high.

"Howard will go on Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe he'll work on Fridays. His contract does say some Fridays."

Please excuse my while I go LMAO. Howard did work "some" Fridays. He worked about half a year of Fridays. In Howard's mind, he's done. Anyone expecting Howard to go work a Friday should send me $5. In return, i'll give them eternal happiness.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Mutt is high.

"Howard will go on Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe he'll work on Fridays. His contract does say some Fridays."

Please excuse my while I go LMAO. Howard did work "some" Fridays. He worked about half a year of Fridays. In Howard's mind, he's done. Anyone expecting Howard to go work a Friday should send me $5. In return, i'll give them eternal happiness.

I heard that too. That was the funniest thing ever said on that show. Howard will never ever work a Friday. It's over Johnny it's OVER!!!!! :shoot4:

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Clearly Howard gets off on the DISCUSSION of whether he should make a talk show appearance or not. Even when he decides whether to go on Letterman or not, somehow it's a decision that usually takes upward of 7-14 days. He obviously just likes to hear, "Oh, Howard you totally should, you can fix everything!" over and over.

It would be nice if he would just make the trip to Conan's show because Conan has always been good to the Stern show, and now Conan kinda needs that endorsement. In fact, if Conan goes to another network, Howard should be among the first guests for that show, too, regardless of where it is. Flying NY-LA-NY really doesn't seem like that big a deal when you have a potential 4 days to do it in.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
It would also be great for Sirius is Howard goes out and uses this controversy to promote the service, but Stern has proven time and time again he doesn't give a shit about Sirius, and all his talk about the revolution was bullshit.