Signal degredation in Chicago?

Chicago_Doggin

Jun 10, 2009
Is there a repeater down in Chicago? Always had great reception at home on the north side of Chicago until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Radio and antenna are in same position. Tried moving it with no improvement. Switched to my Stiletto2 with a home dock and antenna and have same reception issue. Seems to clear up around mid day.

Called "Customer service" and, after 20 minutes of trying to get them to understand that I've got multiple radios experiencing the same issue, I gave up. They can't seem to do anything that's not on their script.

usmaak

Jun 10, 2009
Is there a repeater down in Chicago? Always had great reception at home on the north side of Chicago until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Radio and antenna are in same position. Tried moving it with no improvement. Switched to my Stiletto2 with a home dock and antenna and have same reception issue. Seems to clear up around mid day.

Called "Customer service" and, after 20 minutes of trying to get them to understand that I've got multiple radios experiencing the same issue, I gave up. They can't seem to do anything that's not on their script.
It's not a repeater issue. There's something else going on. And it seems to be pretty wide spread.

See this thread: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/...bad-dropouts-afternoon-evening.html#post93150

timannranger

Jul 13, 2009
exactly- not your repeater. the more i research the more i see that there is a problem with sirius. recently, i no longer am able to hear anything on my unit. great signal... just cant hear anything.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
We are located just at the south edge of lincoln park right near bucktown in noble square. I haven't noticed any signal issues at all. We point all of our antennas here south and we get great reception off of the terrestrial repeaters. Also, I live in wrigleyville and I have an antenna on my fridge 12 feet from a sliding glass door that faces south and I get awesome reception. I think it could be due to your location in chicago, but Im not sure why.