Show us pics of your Setup

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jnj86

jnj86 New Member

Ya, just my nick name.
  2. builder_j

builder_j Member

2006 Saab 9-7x w/factory navigation and SIR-GM1 tuner (replaced factory XM tuner) :)

Attached Files:

3. PDXstormchaser

PDXstormchaser New Member

Here is my OLD setup in my Crown Victoria
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am now using an XpressRC mounted with a VSM mount. I will post updated pics soon.
  4. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

Interesting placement!
  5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Wow I don't think I've ever seen a tuner on the roof of a car before. That must kill your neck and you certainly must not car about looking at the display while driving! I hope! LOL
  6. PDXstormchaser

PDXstormchaser New Member

I never look up at the radio when I am driving. The remote works excellent when I need to change channels. My reason for placing it up there was because it was hidden from view. Believe it or not, I had 2 XM radios stolen. One from my wifes car (Roady XT) and the 1st gen Commander from my car. Like I mentioned before, I installed an XpressRC with a VSM mount that is to the right of the AC/heater controls. I will post pics as soon as I can. Its looks great.
  7. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Cool unique setup. I like it.
  8. cool

that is soooo cool ! Nobody will steal that radio !
  9. JasonBourne

JasonBourne New Member

Thanks! But that setup is no longer in there. Just a hole and the bezel. :( However I am LOVING me new Xpress RC setup. I will take some shots today and do a little showing off. I have had to get in the habit of pulling the radio off the cradle when I get out.
  10. JasonBourne

JasonBourne New Member

XpressRC Crown Victoria

As promised. New pics of the setup. The radio is mounted with a VSM mount which is WONDERFUL. I was thinking of using this method of mounting on my last 2 receivers and I am sorry I didnt do this earlier. It is PERFECT. I have the swivel mount screwed to the plate and the radio cradle attached to that. Enjoy. My car isnt normally this nasty so sorry about that. And I am currently using the cigaratte adaptor for power as I wait for the 5V hardwire. I cant wait.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. JasonBourne

JasonBourne New Member

And I noticed that the sound coming from my XpressRC is a lot louder than my ol CommanderMT (connected via FM direct). Odd. Seems more clearer.
  12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Very nice Jason... I like the detailed pictures, you did a very clean job on this install. SWEET!
  13. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

That BADGER portable setup has to be funniest, but best, idea ever.

Bring it to parties, and everyone has cookies and snacks in tupperware, and you lay out the Sirius on the serving table. Classy... I love it.
  14. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

My 97 Taurus SHO install

Here are some pics of my 1997 Taurus SHO with SL2 install. It includes a color matched, painted antenna, and is connected with a soundgate dual input aux input. And is mounted on a pro-fit mount. SBS had an install thread organized by make and model. I'd like to see that here it was very helpful. Pics comming soon of an F-150 install I did. Click the pics to see full size. Let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  15. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

no1hedberg, nice setup. It looks like the SL2 will not be in the way of passenger legs.
  16. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

finally a pic of my car setup

[​IMG]
  17. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

That looks great. Is that a Saab?
    How did you connect the audio?
  18. snakester

snakester Member

hey, someone who actually has backseat TV!

I've always been kind of curious as to what the interface on the backseat TV receiver looks like, as in how it's controlled, how many channels, what the channel numbers are listed as, if it has pad data, etc etc...

Any chance of pics of the actual controller unit in action? Pretty please, Scott :)
  19. The control box is hidden in the dash behind my navigation system, also back there are the FM modulator for the sirius as well.

My truck has both Sirius and XM in it.

Backseat TV has only 3 channels, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network mobile.

There are no channel numbers, just press the up and down arrows on the remote. all the other buttons on the remote do nothing.

On the console I can control the TV or put it in radio mode and listen to Sirius while the kids watch TV in back listening to the TV on their wireless headphones.

A few more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    snakester likes this.