Should I move in with my current girlfriend?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'm really thinking about moving in with this girl. Together, we'd be pulling about a quarter million/year. I like her and we could have a sweet ass apartment. Only catch is that I can't bang other girls. :eek:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Simple. If you are still worried about banging other girls, don't move in with the girlfriend.

Otherwise...get a roommate.

Much less complicated.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Simple. If you are still worried about banging other girls, don't move in with the girlfriend.

Otherwise...get a roommate.

Much less complicated.

Completely agree. And on another note I think if you have to ask people on a forum if you should do this or not then you have your doubts about doing it and you should never take such a big step if you are doubting the discussion like that.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Completely agree. And on another note I think if you have to ask people on a forum if you should do this or not then you have your doubts about doing it and you should never take such a big step if you are doubting the discussion like that.

And . . . . . ditto.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
No.

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.)

Hell no.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
This is kind of a shitty pic, but... here ya go:

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Although she's a hottie is she worth your freedom? Unless you're ready for the long haul don't mess with her feelings like that. If you do move in together PLEASE keep your old spot (on the DL of course) because nothing personal but you seem a little off at times so when she gets to know you like we do you will still have your old place when she runs for zee hills.:eek:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Is she pressing you for it?

If so, then no.

If it is under your own free will because you really enjoy her company, don't want to sleep with other women anymore and because it will benefit both of you fincancially, then yes. These of course are questions you have to answer.

I don't know if you've ever lived with a girlfriend before but it can be really hard to get used to at first. Little things that you're so accustomed to will go away. You might have more sex for the first few months but that will slow down, guaranteed.

You WILL come home and your prized possesion will be moved to a new spot so that she can put a new and or different table lamp or painting or something you don't like.

You WILL spend much more time shopping for the BS that NO GUY cares about like Curtains, Curtain Rods, end tables, sofa table, etc. You will, trust me. And you'll say you don't mind but the day will come that all of the sudden she is all pissy and after you ask WHY for the 12th time and she unloads that she thought today was the day you had agreed to go to Store X to look for a new shower curtain and spice rack, you will want to kill yourself.

Is the CHANCE of more sex for a few months worth the frustration?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Together, we'd be pulling about a quarter million/year. I like her and we could have a sweet ass apartment.

This is really the only reason you have given us for moving in with this woman. You want a sweet pad. Sounds good except you will have a kick ass place to hate each other in. Think about that one. I would rather be happy in a small pad than be miserable in a castle.

P.S. We wanna meet Capt. Bad here at TSS. Any chance you might be in Chicago this year?

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Is she pressing you for it?

If so, then no.

If it is under your own free will because you really enjoy her company, don't want to sleep with other women anymore and because it will benefit both of you fincancially, then yes. These of course are questions you have to answer.

I don't know if you've ever lived with a girlfriend before but it can be really hard to get used to at first. Little things that you're so accustomed to will go away. You might have more sex for the first few months but that will slow down, guaranteed.

You WILL come home and your prized possesion will be moved to a new spot so that she can put a new and or different table lamp or painting or something you don't like.

You WILL spend much more time shopping for the BS that NO GUY cares about like Curtains, Curtain Rods, end tables, sofa table, etc. You will, trust me. And you'll say you don't mind but the day will come that all of the sudden she is all pissy and after you ask WHY for the 12th time and she unloads that she thought today was the day you had agreed to go to Store X to look for a new shower curtain and spice rack, you will want to kill yourself.

Is the CHANCE of more sex for a few months worth the frustration?

:2funny: Sounds like Vargy is speaking from experience...lol

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I dunno... as much as I would like to say yes for all of the entertaining stories this could generate (I foresee good ones whether it works out for you or it goes pear shaped), the responsible me says "Don't do it"

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

This is really the only reason you have given us for moving in with this woman. You want a sweet pad. Sounds good except you will have a kick ass place to hate each other in. Think about that one. I would rather be happy in a small pad than be miserable in a castle.

P.S. We wanna meet Capt. Bad here at TSS. Any chance you might be in Chicago this year?

Nah... I really do like her. I can see myself going long term with this one. And I'm sure I'll be passing through Chicago at some point. I was just there in Oct.