Should I get an iTouch?

Peter Atkinson

Oct 17, 2008
Lake Geneva, WI (USA)
I currently have a Sony MP3 player that has about 10,000 songs on it. I'm interested in an iPod Touch for its many features. Can't have an iPone...No AT&T out here. Would I have to plunk down 10 Grand & buy all those songs again from iTunes? That is a MAJOR deal maker/breaker.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The songs are MP3's? If so, then no. You should be fine. Other than the fact that 10,000 songs wouldn't fit on an iPod touch. 32GB has the capacity for 7,000 songs. There are rumors regarding a 64GB which would hold twice that. But that's not for sure. However, you can get Slacker, Pandora and others as music apps to make up for that.

Tristan

Oct 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
pipo.lol
You would only have to buy songs if you didn't have them in some non DRM format. If you have a subscription with Napster lets say those songs won't go over to the iPod. Didn't Sony products use that weird ATRAC3+ or something like that container?

If you have all your songs in MP3, AAC, WAV formats you would be good to go. Something you might want to consider is App Space you will probably get some Applications that would take away from your total music space.

Though I can't see myself needing 10,000 songs for a jog. You may like to jog for 2 weeks straight at a time. =)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I had a ton of a couple hundered WMAs iTunes converted to my iTouch, and that took a good two hours...

Peter Atkinson

Oct 17, 2008
Lake Geneva, WI (USA)
Tristan is right. I don't need all the songs at once. I just added songs as time went by. I don't know if they're DRM encoded or not. I's sure most of them aren't as they came from CDs. We'll have to see about the others. Windows media Player says the ones I purchased are not secured. I'm not sure if that's they're lingo for non-DRM, or not. I don't have that many purchased songs, so it would be no big loss. Besides, I'll be running Slacker on the iTouch anyway. That's all the music anyone could want.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
The only iTouch I've ever heard of is a Logitech keyboard. :p

Apple makes an iPod touch...there's a difference between that and the Logitech iTouch. :D

**Yeah, I'm just messing with ya, but don't dare go to the Mac sites and call the iPod touch what you called it.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
The only iTouch I've ever heard of is a Logitech keyboard. :p

Apple makes an iPod touch...there's a difference between that and the Logitech iTouch. :D

**Yeah, I'm just messing with ya, but don't dare go to the Mac sites and call the iPod touch what you called it.

google does not agree...
itouch - Google Search

:D

I love my ipod touch! but they really need a memory card slot and user swappable batteries to be perfect.