Sharpie 500 Thoughts/Predictions

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who's going to win this one?

Qualifying: Friday, August 21 at 5:40pm/et, TV-ESPN2

Television Coverage: Saturday, ESPN at 7:30 pm/et.

Scheduled Green Flag approx 7:43pm/et

Scheduled Race Re-Airs:
ESPN2: Sunday, August 23 at 3:00am/et
ESPN Classic: Sunday, August 23 at 1:00pm/et
SPEED, Wednesday, August 26 at 12:00pm/et

Weather Link..... Bristol, TN - 5 Day Weather Forecast

Double-file restarts @ this track all night long should be interesting.

Will Kyle Busch & Brian Vickers settle the score?

Defending race winner: Carl Edwards

I'm going with Kurt Busch.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'm going with Kurt Busch.

I hope him and Denny will fight it out with Jimmie. I doubt if Kurt's forgotten about it.

I've been getting a feeling that Kyle will not make the chase. The team doesn't seem to be clicking. Like they've forgotten how to set up the car on tracks they've been to before.

I'd like to see another toyota win, and if not Kyle then maybe say David Reutimann. Another Vickers win would please me as well.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
A Saturday night @ Bristol seems to bring out a lot of emotion in the drivers. Time for some payback and time to create some new rivalries for the remainder of the season. Bristol isn't quite the same as it used to be for this sort of thing but certainly still has the potential.

tsschmitten

Nov 13, 2008
Max Meadows,VA
My Parents are arriving today for the full ensemble of racing at Bristol, they have never been to a race in person before, the looks on their faces will be worth the cost of it all!!! I think Kasey will have a good run and hope Jr. backs up his good run at Michigan!! The Modifieds are going to be so awesome to see at Bristol, can't wait til tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
they have never been to a race in person before, the looks on their faces will be worth the cost of it all!!!

Wow! First time AND at Bristol. What a shock it will be.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Gonna watch Mark win live.

I'll be there too. I can't wait to get there but we can't leave until later this afternoon and won't arrive until around 4AM Thursday. Right about the time that the party is getting started. Here's to a good race weekend! :drink:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Martin Making 1,000th Career NASCAR Start At BMS

When Martin takes the green flag in the Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway it will be his 746th Sprint Cup race. Throw in 231 Nationwide starts and 23 Camping World Truck races and Saturday night will mark his 1,000th start. Only two other drivers have ever reached 1,000 starts - seven-time champion Richard Petty and Michael Waltrip.

Bristol Motor Speedway | News | Speedway News Releases

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Drivers Selecting Songs For Sharpie 500 Introductions

The Sprint Cup stars take their music seriously and a good many of them deliberated for weeks before making their song choice for driver introductions, while others changed selections several times. Whether it is country or hard rock, their musical tastes are as diverse as the paint schemes on their cars.

For instance, current point leader Tony Stewart has selected his good friend Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba," while Mark Martin is going with AC/DC's "For Those About To Rock." Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson also are AC/DC fans, choosing "Thunderstruck" as their theme music.

Hard-rock loving Matt Kenseth is partial to Godsmack's "The Enemy" while Scott Speed wants to hear the strains of "Boom, Boom, Pow" by Black Eyed Peas as he makes his entrance. Kurt Busch likes Cake's "Going The Distance" while brother Kyle prefers Kanye West's "Amazing."

Defending Sharpie 500 winner Carl Edwards identifies with "Jump Around" by House of Pain, while Jeff Gordon likes an oldie but a goody in the Rolling Stones' "Start Me Up" and Jeff Burton gives a tip of the hat to BMS, choosing Guns N' Roses' "Welcome To The Jungle."

Kasey Kahne is going country with buddy Dierks Bentley's "Life On The Run," while Michael Waltrip offers some insight by choosing Toby Keith's "As Good As I Once Was." Ryan Newman likes "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy" by Big & Rich.

Some of the legends of the entertainment business also will be represented, including The King of Rock ‘n' Roll and "The King of Pop." Clint Bowyer, an Elvis Presley aficionado, wants to "enter the building" as The King often did, to the strains of CC Rider while Reed Sorenson is paying homage to Michael Jackson with "Billy Jean."

Bristol Motor Speedway | News | Speedway News Releases

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Ha! The good friends Kyle and Vickers had to ride in the back of the truck to wave to the crowd together! What a sight.