Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Music_Rube

Oct 17, 2008
I saw the "Share Your Pandora stations thread" and I thought it would be a good idea to start a similar one for our custom-made Slacker stations. I'll start by sharing one of mine:

Top 25 Artists 1955-2003

In the back of one of Joel Whitburn's books (the name escapes me right now, and I don't have the book readily available), he lists the top 25 artists by year from 1955 to 2003. I simply added every one listed to my station. It would be great to get the Top 25 artists for 2004 on sometime to upgrade this station.

I will edit this post when I know the book title.

KTMCDO

Oct 15, 2008
ALBUQUERQUE NM
heres one that im not quite finished customizing
GOSPEL

and its mostly southern gospel so please give it a listen
and let me know if i need to tweak it some

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
GOSPEL

Great Thread! Can you be a little more specific in terms of Gospel?

Southern Gospel? Praise Gospel, Contemporary?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
DAB's Meditation Channel

DAB's New Age Channel

I usually listen to New Age when I want to relax a bit and just kind of get away from it all. Still tweaking the artist. I am a huge new age fan.

The Meditation Channel on low volume for going to sleep is great. Still tweaking it too, there has been a few artist that are a bit too loud for this channel.

I wish these channels were as easy to customize as Pandora.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
DAB's Meditation Channel

DAB's New Age Channel

I usually listen to New Age when I want to relax a bit and just kind of get away from it all. Still tweaking the artist. I am a huge new age fan.

The Meditation Channel on low volume for going to sleep is great. Still tweaking it too, there has been a few artist that are a bit too loud for this channel.

I wish these channels were as easy to customize as Pandora.

DAB, do you agree with me...this is one of the greatest strengths of Slacker and the G2. How cool is it to be able to "program" stations and share them with others.

I have a channel I call "Dark Wave" (named after the Sirius program on Sunday nights. It's primary goth music. Bauhaus, Cure, Sisters of Mercy, etc. It still needs some tweaking before I post it, however.

After playing around with the G2 for two days I think this type of service and device is the future of digital music. I think XM/Sirius should be very afraid if Slacker starts to create "heat" in this market segment.

I can even begin to tell you how jazzed I am about Slacker! If it wasn't for Howard I'd ditch Sirius. Hell, I'm even thinking of upgrading to the 40 channel G2. I'm I sick or what?:heat:

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
DAB, do you agree with me...this is one of the greatest strengths of Slacker and the G2. How cool is it to be able to "program" stations and share them with others.

After playing around with the G2 for two days I think this type of service and device is the future of digital music. I think XM/Sirius should be very afraid if Slacker starts to create "heat" in this market segment.

I agree with you 110%. I've been so much so enjoying this little device and the programming. But being able to share and check out other subscribers custom channels is totally cool!

I do think once they get this device in stores, get the marketing up and going and really show what it can do, it will be a no brainer for me. I think even against the iPod, which of course requires one to manually manage ever aspect of their music.

Reactions: DoublEE

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
I agree with you 110%. I've been so much so enjoying this little device and the programming. But being able to share and check out other subscribers custom channels is totally cool!

I do think once they get this device in stores, get the marketing up and going and really show what it can do, it will be a no brainer for me. I think even against the iPod, which of course requires one to manually manage ever aspect of their music.

Microsoft tried to market the Zune as a "community" thing because you could "squirt" DRM songs to other Zune owners.

Slacker nails the community feeling with being able to create and share stations. It makes the whole digital music thing an interactive experience. Not to mention you can create your own niche channels lacking on Sirius.

For example I have a channel for:

World music: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
Irish music: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
GOSPEL

Very good job on this one. I've been listening to it this morning. You have to really like Southern Gospel, which I do.

Thanks for sharing!

SatRadioRules

Oct 21, 2008
I just created two:

70's Progressive Rock plays the best music from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Brand X, Camel, David Gilmour, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Jon Anderson, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Renaissance and more.

Here's the link....enjoy:

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

and

Southern Rock channel plays the best music from .38 Special, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Charlie Daniels, -- Betts, Duane Allman, Gregg Allman, J.D. Souther, J.J. Cale, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet and many more!

Here you go:

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

MikeV

Oct 15, 2008
Northern VA, USA
www.mikev.com
I think even against the iPod, which of course requires one to manually manage ever aspect of their music.
Hence the name Slacker... you have to do NOTHING (after the 5 minutes of effort in making your own station, if they don't have what you want done professionally) and you constantly get content you want to listen to!!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hence the name Slacker... you have to do NOTHING (after the 5 minutes of effort in making your own station, if they don't have what you want done professionally) and you constantly get content you want to listen to!!

Yes and the more you use the device and learn about customizing channels, the better they become. For example: Make sure you include a full 15 artist as the seeding pool for artist. If you don't they will automatically add artist that may or may not fit correctly into the programming you are trying to achieve. I found having about 20 or 25 artist seems to be peak for getting what you REALLY want.

I also discovered that you can add just certain songs from specific artist if you want to spice up a channel.

The more I play the more I like :) Thanks MikeV for all your feedback it has been very helpful. Amazing all us sat radio junkies jumping on this thing isn't it?

Last edited:

KTMCDO

Oct 15, 2008
ALBUQUERQUE NM
to DAB if you like new age /mediative music
you should give Karma Moffett a try slacker
for some reason doesnt have this artist
maybe Pandora would

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
to DAB if you like new age /mediative music
you should give Karma Moffett a try slacker
for some reason doesnt have this artist
maybe Pandora would

Yeah there are a lot of New Age artist missing from Slacker. There is hardly any meditation or nature type music at all. Where as Pandora has a ton of artist in this genres and sub-genres.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations Hard and Heavy Shit includes alot of newer artists along with the older ones I mostly have rare tracks on this channel.
Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations Harder Classic Rock This Channel is similar to Buzzsaw in some ways.
Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations Shuffle Alot of Rock Artists in this channel
Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations Vacation A channel for those who want to get away.