Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Discussion in 'Slacker Spotlight' started by Music_Rube, Oct 21, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Thanks and welcome aboard!

Wow, Jon you've been busy too.

I love trying these stations you guys create!

Thanks a lot guys!
  2. Kevin2500

Kevin2500 Member

I recently made sirius 23 hair nation. The playlists are pretty much idenical. Any artists im missing let me know.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

And heres my attempt at the old xm punk station fungus with a little bit of goth thrown in just like fungus used to back in the day.

http://www.slacker.com/?sid=stations/9864435/1232477326

And heres one called The Vault . Really deep classic rock

http://www.slacker.com/?sid=stations/9864435/1232770774

one more custom slacker station that everyone seems to be talking about its called 45's Rpm deep 50s rock and doo wop. 60s and early 70s rock if some artist is out of place ban it

http://www.slacker.com/?sid=stations/9864435/1232755852
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Inspired by the shortcomings of Sirius XM 80s on 8, I have attemped an 80s black music station called "Black To The 80s", featuring R&B, rap, early hip-hop, and soul from the 80s. I'm still working on it, adding artists, and trying to perfect it, but so far so good.

4. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

All of these are pretty good , I will spotlight them in the future in the Slacker Spotlight.
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Thanks. I did delete the Swingin' station, wasn't going in the direction I wanted. I may retry that later.
  6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

My own 'pop punx' station. Features newer punk bands and some older ones, stuff like Screeching Weasel, Methadones, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Copyrights, Chixdiggit, and more. This is the stuff I think punk29 should have also incuded in its playlist. I'm still tweaking it.
  7. snakester

snakester Member

Double check your link. It's coming up as Station Not Defined (Undefined) for me.
  8. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

9. Libb

Libb New Member

I'm a major fan of desert rock, or as many people know it, "stoner rock". So I made two different stations to cater towards my tastes. I have tested these stations on my friends, and have gotten nothing but thumbs up and inquiries as to "Hey, what's that song playing? That's a sick song!" If my music snob friends can enjoy these stations, I'm guessing anyone will :)

The first station is "KLON, Clone Radio" (A cookie to anyone that gets the reference...) It's a mix of modern desert/stoner rock with old school classic and prog rock - sort of a roots-style programming, similar to what Underground Garage on SiriXM does - it's music that inspired Queens of the Stone Age, music inspired by Queens of the Stone Age, AND music by Queens of the Stone Age.

The other station is "K666 - Stoner Rock" Built from a starting point station created by someone on the official Slacker boards, I've expanded the artist list significantly, and let me tell you something, this thing is DEEP. This station is more focused on the stoner rock genre, with some branches off towards the grunge movement (Slacker seems to really like the Toadies, which is OK cause I like 'em too.).

Alright, hope you guys enjoy, and be sure to have a little something-something on hand to enjoy while you listen :smoke:
  10. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I downloaded Slacker to my iPod Touch and am listening on my computer. I'm having a blast listening to some of the custom stations you guys created. Nice job!!! This is fun. Thanks, DAB and everyone!!
  11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Great to have you onboard. Yeah this is so much fun as I really enjoy it for all the reasons you stated. Maybe you can check out some of our spotlight stations and give us some feedback from time to time.
  12. Kevin2500

Kevin2500 Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  13. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Good stuff.....and yes, I got the KLON reference, but I won't spoil it for everybody else.:whistle:
  14. bassburner

bassburner New Member

15. styckx

styckx Member

I have no idea how to explain this channel except it's lucy, fred, some fungus, a touch of ethel and a pinch of backspin, with a sprinkle of deep tracks all combined to bring you a unique mix. Deep playlists, 500+ artists. Lots of time went into this station and I made sure to fully explore the depths of the slacker playlists. I hope you enjoy. This is what alternative radio should sound like IMO.

Artists discovery: more
    Popularity: Fringe
    Favorites: Auto
    Year Auto

Syndication Station: Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  16. Kevin2500

Kevin2500 Member

17. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

Inspired by my time listening to the music in the local McCafe, I decided to make my own perfect station for coffee drinking, "Coffee Shop Soundtrack." It's a combination of The Spectrum, The Coffee House, The Loft, The Pulse, and a little bit of Watercolors, Sirius XMU, The Message, Alt Nation and something else entirely. It plays Matthew Sweet, John Mayer, Death Cab for Cutie, Coldplay, Third Eye Blind, The Cranberries and even The Bird and The Bee. I personally think it's the best station I've made thus far. :bigthumbup:

18. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

19. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

20. Tampabluej

Tampabluej New Member

Recently joined DRC and have been Slacking for about a month. Decided to post my favorite custom station for whoever would be interested. I call it Bob's College Years '89-'96 (yeah, I know that's 7 years of college. Shut up...).

Have attempted to capture what was on the radio (pre-satrad, of course) during my formative years. Anyone in their late 30's/early 40's should recognize most of what cooking here. Any feedback would be appreciated...