Share Your Slacker Stations Here (Maybe we'll Spotlight them)

Discussion in 'Slacker Spotlight' started by Music_Rube, Oct 21, 2008.

1. That one is kind of fun with the right mood. Thanks.
  2. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Hey Aaron I will defo have to check that one out!

All you guys have been posting some really cool channels, I have checked several of them out!

This is all so much fun and I think it is what will drive a community of users for Slacker!
  5. squigy0

squigy0 Member

Hey, XM used to have a channel back in the early days called Vibra that played all Spanish rock. The channel continued on on the DirecTV Spanish package (and I'm guess is now gone) but was never offered to subscribers on the sats or online again. Anybody created a station like that or know of one close to it?

Thanks!
  6. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

7. AZDude

AZDude Member

I think Slacker might already have a professionally programed station for Spanish rock. I'm not exactly certain right now since I'm at work and can't check the site. If not there is a station called Spanish. I assume it would offer something like that.
  8. Brandon12

Brandon12 New Member

It's not very good. That's the ONE station that i'm not impressed with :scratch:
    I'm not even sure it's professionally programmed, as I dont see a programmer topic in the forum for it.
  9. AZDude

AZDude Member

10. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

11. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  12. racefla

racefla New Member

Dude I'm digging Americana Jam. :yesshake:

I'm still holding out that OC will make the changes to keep me. Or Slacker will come out with a car kit.

I see they show a FM Mod. Wonder how strong?
  13. squigy0

squigy0 Member

The mod is definitely stronger and less susceptible to interference than my internal modulator on my Inno. The things you've gotta watch for on the Slacker modulator are: 1. It is possible for the Slacker volume to be too loud, causing distortion, and 2. It's possible for the Slacker volume to be too low, and the modulator automatically turns itself off if it doesn't hear music at an acceptable level for more than about a minute.
  14. pattere14

pattere14 New Member

15. oncesir

oncesir Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  16. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

17. oncesir

oncesir Member

Not sure how that happened. Fixed!
  18. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

Thanks man I will check it out.
  19. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

20. oncesir

oncesir Member

My squizz channel is pretty good and true to most of the music that Squizz used to play. Of course it has requested music you may not like but overall it is Squizz minus all the crappy RATM, new GnR and AC/DC. Ive listened for 8 hours straight and have only heard a few repeats that were the songs that I requested. For free, I cant complain.