Semipenguin with the hookup

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Semipenguin just gave me his tix for the Oct. 30 race in Martinsville. I'm not even a fan, but I've never been to a NASCAR race and thought my youngest son would enjoy it.

Thanks, semi! :hatsoff:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Ah that nice of semi, congrats casual!

I'm not much into NASCAR either but ealier this some of there cars were in town testing out the newly constructed racetrack. So I just checked it and it was fun, I'll probably attend a real race one the days. Have fun Casual!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Semipenguin just gave me his tix for the Oct. 30 race in Martinsville. I'm not even a fan, but I've never been to a NASCAR race and thought my youngest son would enjoy it.

Very cool. I met Semi last fall @ Martinsville after the race. You and your son will have a great time there. I think that you'll both leave there as a new fans of the sport. My wife & I will be heading down there too for that weekend.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

You're welcome. Have fun. I'm glad you can go :)

Ah that nice of semi, congrats casual!

I'm not much into NASCAR either but ealier this some of there cars were in town testing out the newly constructed racetrack. So I just checked it and it was fun, I'll probably attend a real race one the days. Have fun Casual!

Cas is a good man. I'm sure his son will enjoy the races :)

Very cool. I met Semi last fall @ Martinsville after the race. You and your son will have a great time there. I think that you'll both leave there as a new fans of the sport. My wife & I will be heading down there too for that weekend.

That was fun last year. Gonna try & go to both next year to make up for missing this one :)

Reactions: limegrass69

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Haven't been able to make a race all year, but hoping to get to Martinsville, since i've never been there. It's about 10hr drive from home and might have to make it myself. We shall see.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Haven't been able to make a race all year, but hoping to get to Martinsville, since i've never been there. It's about 10hr drive from home and might have to make it myself. We shall see.

Martinsville is the best track I've been to. Sit in the corners & you won't miss any of the action :)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I have tracks near me in Kansas, Vegas, or Phoenix. I think Vegas might be the favorite since there's so much other stuff to do there. One of these days when I can afford the trip.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have tracks near me in Kansas, Vegas, or Phoenix. I think Vegas might be the favorite since there's so much other stuff to do there. One of these days when I can afford the trip.

NASCAR has been trying for years to get a track built in New York, Seattle/Portland, and Denver. I think Denver might be the easiest since there's a lot of land out there :)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
NASCAR has been trying for years to get a track built in New York, Seattle/Portland, and Denver. I think Denver might be the easiest since there's a lot of land out there :)

I think they tried it with Pikes Peak International Raceway down in the Springs, but it didn't go so well. If they wanted to they could put it out near the Airport. They used to have a lot of air shows out there, and there's plenty of land like you said.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
They were working on trying to get the NY area track done in the NJ Meadowlands. I think that has been shelved (maybe permanently).

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I think the problem with Denver is they had a plan in place to build it using taxpayer money, which isn't happening in a state with 8 percent unemployment. I doubt it will ever happen under that kind of proposal. They've got Colorado National Speedway up in Frederick, it's already a NASCAR sanctioned track, a few upgrades could turn it into something worthy of the big boys.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion

Pretty neat thing you done there Semi.

Casual, you will and your son will enjoy it. Been to Martinsville plenty of times and its been nothing but fun everytime.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
That was very nice of semi, I'd love to go back to Martinsville. Casual you need to have a couple of Martinsville hot dogs