Scratch on my LCD TV

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Have a 40 inch LCD Samsung TV.

Came downstairs and there is a large circular scratch in it. Had to be one of the kids.

It is visible when the TV is off but not really visible when on.

Is there any quick fix for this? Any cleaner or filler?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Threaten to return their Christmas presents until one of them confesses, then just return the guilty parties gifts...that'll teach them to screw with your expensive electronics.

...or you could break one of their favorite things, be it a game system, CD player, etc. :twisted:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Trust me, I used the whole "SANTA IS WATCHING...." "I"M GOING TO CALL SANTA.." etc. type threats.

The kids are little but they are tough. They don't crack under pressure and haven't confessed. The daughter is the weak one, I'll get her alone and she'll confess after a few minutes.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just leave the TV on all the time and after a while, you probably won't notice. :hah: j/k That why I don't have kids, good luck on getting it fix and getting one of the kids to tell!

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My daughter keeps her hands off my TV. I taught her when she was very little and it's never been a problem. She knows how to operate the remote. When she needs a DVD inserted or anything she gets me to do it.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Trust me, I used the whole "SANTA IS WATCHING...." "I"M GOING TO CALL SANTA.." etc. type threats.

The kids are little but they are tough. They don't crack under pressure and haven't confessed. The daughter is the weak one, I'll get her alone and she'll confess after a few minutes.

LOL @ I'm going to call Santa

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Don't blame the kids!

20071019011331-no-tocar1.jpg

Blame the person who dusts the house. Is it your wife? A cleaning person? Someone at my house who was dusting sprayed the screen with something to dust and it made it a mess. It took a lot of to remove the residue. I now have a Don't Touch sign by the screen and special microfiber cloths and LCD screen cleaner reserved just for the screen.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I too use the microfiber cloths and have educated the wife not to ever touch the screen and that I will clean it.

So either I did it or it was one of the kids. The kids know not to touch the tv and i haven't ever seen them do it.

You can't see the scratch when the TV is on so I'm weighing my options on what to do. I need to get some LCD cleaner though.

..and yes, I "call santa" all the time. I've even used my cell phone to call my house as Santa just to warn the kids that they are being bad. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best part of December.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
LCD fix

Have a 40 inch LCD Samsung TV.

Came downstairs and there is a large circular scratch in it. Had to be one of the kids.

It is visible when the TV is off but not really visible when on.

Is there any quick fix for this? Any cleaner or filler?

Any and all help is appreciated.

I used Lemon PLEDGE and my tv looks like brand frickin new! use a terry cloth ,ok?
Samsung LCD here,hope this helps.....
Also McGuires car waxes makes a PLASTIC POLISH.(last resort)

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I too use the microfiber cloths and have educated the wife not to ever touch the screen and that I will clean it.

So either I did it or it was one of the kids. The kids know not to touch the tv and i haven't ever seen them do it.

You can't see the scratch when the TV is on so I'm weighing my options on what to do. I need to get some LCD cleaner though.

..and yes, I "call santa" all the time. I've even used my cell phone to call my house as Santa just to warn the kids that they are being bad. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best part of December.

I was gonna suggest an ass beating, but since you don't know for sure........;) I use special microfiber cloths to clean my Samsung 46" screen as well. I am the only person who ever touches the TV for any reason. Fortuneately I don't have any children around to break my stuff. Probably regrett that when I'm old, but all my stuff is nice:jj: