Scott Ferrall

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Yea Ferrall rocks. He knows everything about everything. I don't like hockey either but I love college football and gets right into it. I tried Maddog a few times,but he is more NY centric. He really doesn't get the passion of college football fans.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I'm addicted to Scottie...it just sucks that he is on in the evenings....I'm not really around a radio much in the evenings unless I'm on the road.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Scott's Stanley Cup call was awesome.

I don't think i've heard so many "f you's" in that timespan in a while.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
i was never able to get into ferrall. too much screaming, his voice, and the annoying background music is too loud. also, waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much hockey talk as well.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Having heard the entire stern show more than once yesterday, I had a long drive in the evening and put on Ferrall, a show I don't normally listen to and I actually really liked it.

He was dogging otu Dana White from UFC and then just watching a baseball game and taking calls.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Sometimes it takes a little while to get used to Ferrell. I agree when it's hockey playoff time I don't tune in as much. If anyone is a college football fan you should try Rivals radio on 122. Thats all I listen to when Howard is on his vacation.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I can't stand the music playing all the time (I like the kind of music playing though). Too much going on to be able to pay attention to the show for me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So apparently, people have been calling Ferrall's show thinking it was the Wrap-Up Show.

A) They do have the same number.
B) These people are STUPID.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I can't stand the music playing all the time (I like the kind of music playing though). Too much going on to be able to pay attention to the show for me.

It's like going to an NBA game. Every break in the action is loud music and lots of stuff going on. That must be great for the demographic the NBA (and Ferrell) are trying to entertain. The background music doesn't always work -- David Lee Roth tried that tactic on his failed morning show and it seemed to get in his way. Ferrell rolls with it nicely. Death metal during the last seconds of the cup was fitting.

Although the leagues would never allow it, I would like to hear a whole game called like that = by guys who love the game.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Although the leagues would never allow it, I would like to hear a whole game called like that = by guys who love the game.

Yeah! No more annoying loudmouths who think they're better than the game. I'm looking at YOU, Chris Berman.

Give me 2-3 people in the studio and 2 people in the booth. No more of this ESPN bullcrap with 7 people in the studio and 3-4 people in the booth.

And let the game breathe as well. They don't need to talk every friggin' second.