Scheduled a Snippy Snappy

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Just had my consulatation today and I've scheduled my snippy snappy appointment.

So who here else has done it?

We have three kids and don't want anymore. I'm young, but we're done having kids.

Any horror stories I should hear about?

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Piece of cake for me. In and out of there in 1 hour. No pain or discomfort during the procedure after 1 valium and a local anesthetic. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR AND GET A VALIUM PRESCRIPTION BEFOREHAND. When you are home just try to stay in bed and rest. Don't try to walk much for 24 hours. REST. My best advice to you would be to try and put what is being done to you out of your mind; think of ANYTHING else except for what is really going on. During my procedure, whenever I would start to think about what the urologist was doing or if I asked, I started to tense up a bit. Think of Howard Stern or sports or anything except the procedure.....or sex of course! :) Good luck & let us know how it goes. +1 to you for this thread, lol.

Reactions: limegrass69

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Isn't the whole thing a horror story? :eek:

I know quite a few people that have had it done and I haven't heard one bad thing.

One dude was back in the gym after 3 days.

The only thing I'm nervous about is BEING nervous. You know how when you're really nervous IT gets smaller and then I know there is already a female assistant that helps the doctor.

You see where i"m going.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I know quite a few people that have had it done and I haven't heard one bad thing.

The only thing I'm nervous about is BEING nervous. You know how when you're really nervous IT gets smaller and then I know there is already a female assistant that helps the doctor.

You see where i"m going.

Trust me, that is the last thing that will be on your mind. I think my nurse taped my hose to my stomach, lol.:eek:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ

You see where i"m going.

LOL!! When I've seen it done, they've always covered the peen with cloth (it's placed upwards and out of the way, and just the scrotum is exposed.

Can you tell your doctor you're very nervous and ask for a prescription for something for nerves?

It's a very routine procedure, so there's nothing to be worried about (easy for ME to say, I know!!) :p

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Piece of cake for me. In and out of there in 1 hour. No pain or discomfort during the procedure after 1 valium and a local anesthetic. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR AND GET A VALIUM PRESCRIPTION BEFOREHAND. When you are home just try to stay in bed and rest. Don't try to walk much for 24 hours. REST. My best advice to you would be to try and put what is being done to you out of your mind; think of ANYTHING else except for what is really going on. During my procedure, whenever I would start to think about what the urologist was doing or if I asked, I started to tense up a bit. Think of Howard Stern or sports or anything except the procedure.....or sex of course! :) Good luck & let us know how it goes. +1 to you for this thread, lol.

Awesome and thank you for the tips!!!

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ

I just noticed that you mentioned valium BEFOREHAND (me=DUH!!) Excellent advice! Lorazepam (Ativan) would also be a good choice.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
man-screaming.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thought about getting it done. (The world does not want me breeding!) I may even get a Nobel Prize if I get it done. Who knows.

More than anything I'm worried that I'd be so nervous about someone coming toward my jumblies with a knife that they would have to make the incision near my sternum to find my boys.

I had heard one person say that with the local they received they had zero clue what was happening till they were handed the bag of frozen peas and their pants. That sounds OK to me, especially if there is a Valium waiting. Never tried one of those before.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I got it done a year ago, and have no regrets at all! Go for it. The whole thing from sign in to sign out was less than an hour. Bring your iPod and listen to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon or something like that to mellow out.

The nurse taped my penis to my shoulder, so it was out of the way. :eek:

I got no valium, and was able to drive myself home. Mrs. Limegrass69 was there for moral support. I was so nervous that there was an outline of my body in sweat on the paper over the exam table when I got up! :eek: Mrs. Limegrass69 said I looked white as a ghost when I walked out, but after standing up for a minute or two, and a glass of water, I was fine.

They load you up with a local, and if you happen to feel anything, just tell the doc and he loads you up with more. They can tie you off in any one of a number of ways (my doc cauterized it). The smell of the burning flesh is a little weird.

You need to take it easy for a while (obviously). Take it easy with the exercise for a few weeks (i.e. no running). I wore bicycle pants for about a week to support the boys, and I was out and about in about 24 hours. Obviously the area is tender for a while, and keeping it iced up the first night is key. I took the perscribed percocet for the first night, and then I didn't really need it.

As long as the little incisions heal, you probably won't need a follow up visit to the Urologist. You should get a semen analysis before have unprotected sex. You will want to verify that you are, in fact, shooting blanks.

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
QUOTE=limegrass69

The nurse taped my penis to my shoulder, so it was out of the way. :eek:

:rofl2:

My wifes been pressuring me to get it done as well. If only I had enough to tape to my shoulder or stomach or anything beside my balls. Honestly, I dont think my kids are mine. How could they be when I dont even penetrate?:shock:

Im considering getting it done next year. Thats when the wifes IUD comes out, and I absolutley dont want more kids. Ive had nightmares about having more kids. No way.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Nothing like a close call to scare you straight. I can relate. That got my ass right into the doctor's office. He scheduled me 3 weeks out, and told me that he likes to give you some time to make sure that it's the right decision for you. I told him I'd double whatever the insurance company pays him if he does it on the spot. :p

Reactions: mrpacs

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The Valium before hand is a reall good idea. Be totally relaxed for the surgery.

I'm sort of excited about it, to know that I can just fire away and not worry about it anymore.

Even better idea to bring an Mp3 player and just zone out while they're doing it. I think this will make it far more bareable. Just relax with some tunes while they're slicing and dicing.