Scared of Heights? ? ? ? "I can see my dad from here. . . ."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Make you nervous to stand on the roof of your house?
Than what about standing on a sheet of glass 103 stories above the ground?
st_sd.jpg

[ame="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2009/07/11/ireport.sears.tower.skydeck.cnn"]The Sears Tower has updated their observation deck.[/ame]
sears.jpg

This looks like it's a cool experience to me. It kind on one-ups the Toronto CN Tower observation deck with it's glass floor.
http://chicagoismynewblog.wordpress.com/

Would you do it?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Sure, I'd do it. It's worth putting aside the nervousness for the awesome view.

There's a skywalk at the Grand Canyon also. :)

grand-canyon-skywalk-21.jpg

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Sure, I'd do it. I've been to the Sears Tower but that was YEARS ago.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have done it on the CN tower. It was plexiglass and damn thick plexy glass. This glass does not look thick and I would have to say ... NO.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
ferris2.jpg

Sloane: The city looks so peaceful from up here.
Ferris: Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet.
Cameron: I think I see my dad.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
ferris2.jpg

Sloane: The city looks so peaceful from up here.
Ferris: Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet.
Cameron: I think I see my dad.

I say that every time the Mrs and I go there, (or any other place thats more than 10 stories up.) It's too good of a line to leave behind.

Glad some of you found the humor in it!:bigthumbup:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Screw that! Not a chance i would get out there! I have been to the observation deck on the Sears tower. Made my palms sweat!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Screw that! Not a chance i would get out there! I have been to the observation deck on the Sears tower. Made my palms sweat!

Next time you go to the Sears Tower, make sure you use the bathroom at the top of the sky deck. If it's a good windy day, you can see the water in the toilet bowl slosh back and forth ever so slightly. It's way cool. Also probably the highest toilet you'll ever . . . sit on.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
My husband use to clean windows on the Empire State Building he said he would luv to walk on the wild side, me I would be the little ( dot) :wave: to him down below

I do wish I had the nerve to do it (envy to all who will do it ) :hw::hw::hw:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Next time you go to the Sears Tower, make sure you use the bathroom at the top of the sky deck. If it's a good windy day, you can see the water in the toilet bowl slosh back and forth ever so slightly. It's way cool. Also probably the highest toilet you'll ever . . . sit on.

Unless you are in an airplane...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Unless you are in an airplane...

Jeepers. . . . .

Corrected. . . .
Originally Posted by HecticArt
Next time you go to the Sears Tower, make sure you use the bathroom at the top of the sky deck. If it's a good windy day, you can see the water in the toilet bowl slosh back and forth ever so slightly. It's way cool. Also probably the highest toilet you'll ever . . . sit on on earth!
;)

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Jeepers. . . . .

Corrected. . . .
;)

Although, I don't think I'd actually SIT on an airplane toilet seat (unless I was the first one in there). All the motion tends to cause a bit of overspray in there. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the "road game" if you catch my drift...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

I thought you were going to say the washroom was glass bottomed too. Don't look up.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Although, I don't think I'd actually SIT on an airplane toilet seat (unless I was the first one in there). All the motion tends to cause a bit of overspray in there. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the "road game" if you catch my drift...

I'm much happier with the home field advantage, but when you're traveling, sometimes you gotta play where you gotta play. You might as well make the best of it. If I had my choice, I'd have to say that museums are usually the best rest rooms. Usually very clean and usually a low level of traffic. For what it's worth.