touch has is 32 gigs and for me
that isnt enough
soon i will get the zune 120 instead
cant wait for the gui to improve and
storage to increase on the ipod touch

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
The Zune is more comparable to the iPod Classic. Personally I feel that the iPod Classic is better for podcasts and car stereo integration. The Zune has the upper hand on music, assuming you have a Zune Pass.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I actually tried a Zune before I got an iPod Touch. No comparison and my big concern is that since this is actually an item that MS has always lost money on. What is to say the first of this coming new year they don't just pull the plug (which they have a history of doing). Besides, I do not support MS with the Zune because of the fact that after creating the Play For Sure standard, MS totally turned their back on it with their own device. You just can't trust a company like them. Needless to say I took the Zune back and have never looked back. There is a reason why the Zune has never been able to get but a few percentage points of the market.

Anyway that is my story, if you get the Zune I hope it works out for you.

KTMCDO

Oct 15, 2008
ALBUQUERQUE NM
maybe in a couple years or so i may also get the ipod touch
just hope they increase the disc space
is the ipod touch a flash based of hard disk based device?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes it is. But flash drives are getting bigger and cheaper to make, so my guess is that a larger iPod Touch will be out sometime next year.

The next logical step up for the iPod Touch will be the 64gb version since it is flashed based.

Maybe I look at things differently than some, but if I can't listen to that much music in a day or a weeks time why do I need it on the device at all? I can always connect my iPod Touch and add and remove songs to keep the content fresh. Is there really a need to just always have all my music on my computer with me? The answer for me is NO. Now with that said, I do remember a time when I use to think like that. However after dealing with devices that only had 4gb or maybe an add on microsd card I just viewed it a bit differently.

KTMCDO

Oct 15, 2008
ALBUQUERQUE NM
The next logical step up for the iPod Touch will be the 64gb version since it is flashed based.

Maybe I look at things differently than some, but if I can't listen to that much music in a day or a weeks time why do I need it on the device at all? I can always connect my iPod Touch and add and remove songs to keep the content fresh. Is there really a need to just always have all my music on my computer with me? The answer for me is NO. Now with that said, I do remember a time when I use to think like that. However after dealing with devices that only had 4gb or maybe an add on microsd card I just viewed it a bit differently.

would've been nice if apple allowed the use of microsd cards on there
ipod devices too bad they dont have this feature

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If I were to buy a new MP3 player I would get the Samsung P2 or the P3 that will be out soon.

Touch screen, plays just about ANY video format (even Ogg) has kick butt bluetooth and they are ALWAYS adding more to the firmwear via updates. But, for somebody that wants the 120GB space then forget it, the P2 only goes up to 16gb, I think, and don't even know if they make that anymore.

But, if I were a guy that needed a ton of space, then I would do the ZUNE too. They've really worked on this and have realeased a lot of updates. I know some ZUNE owners and they love them. THey give the double tall man to Ipod and swear by their Zunes.

I just have no use for THAT much music. I have a 2gb card in my SL2 and have only used about 20% of it at most.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
would've been nice if apple allowed the use of microsd cards on there
ipod devices too bad they dont have this feature

Well, I guess it is different strokes for different folks, but almost any device I have ever used that offers this are slow as hell in terms of menu and reading from that card. I think sticking to the flash memory only is the smart thing to do.

Even in your case, 32gb with a 16gb microsd card still wouldn't be big enough.

Anyway, there are many different brands of MP3 players and everyone has various needs. I perfer iPods because of all the accessories, the fact that it connects to the head unit in my personal and company vehicles. Not to mention all the other featurs the iPod Touch has that at this junction most of these MP3 players aren't even in the game. Then again not everyone is interested in being able to do email, use google maps, keep up with their to do do list, scheduled appointments, take notes at meetings etc. These features are what makes the iPod stand out, but the music aspect of it is just gravy on top of everything else.

MS, Creative, iRiver, Archos, Sony, Samsung they all make decent products and many of them are a lot cheaper than iPods, but they just can't offer me what an iPod does when you consider how I use my iPod Touch.

The main thing is if a Zune is what does it for you, then GREAT, I can't wait to hear how you like it and what it does for you.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Not to go off topic, but......why do you type that way ?

It reads sort of like a super-haiku...

Anyway, the two reasons I didn't get the touch were the small HD capacity and the touchscreen. While I really like the usability of the Apple touch screen, it doesn't let you do things by feel when you are driving.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
It reads sort of like a super-haiku...

Anyway, the two reasons I didn't get the touch were the small HD capacity and the touchscreen. While I really like the usability of the Apple touch screen, it doesn't let you do things by feel when you are driving.

You shouldn't be fidgeting with gadgets while driving anyway, mister!! Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road!! :hah: :p