Satellite Radio on Your Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Mobile & Wireless' started by roscoryan, Oct 17, 2008.

1. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Does anybody here subscribe to any of the mobile services for satellite radio on your cell phones?

If so, let us know your thoughts!
  2. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

I can stream Sirius on my moto q9c using SiriusWM5. I think its awesome that people can create such programs that allow us to do this. Works great when working out in the yard.
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

My wife had the option of subing to Sirius through her cellphone for $8 / month but it didn't have all the music channels or the 'old time radio' type channel so she elected against it. My cellphone is not capable of music and I wound't pay another $8 for it.
  4. riskybzns

That sucks. Luckily for me I don't have to pay anything to stream Sirius on my phone. Instead I just give a nice little donation to the person who created SiriusWM5 and all is good.
  5. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

What provider does this?
  6. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I know Sprint did it for a while. But it was just a few music channels from what I remember.
  7. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

this sounds like the coolest thing ever
  8. riskybzns

trust me sheik, it is.
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Bell Canada.
    I think Rogers does something simular with XM.
  10. realwx

realwx New Member

I pretty much use my T-Mobile Wing to stream Sirius when I walk home.

Now, the only problem is that T-Mobile is the slowest internet provider via cell phone, so streaming high-quality music through T-Mobile is not the best way either, especially since you're gonna hear it buffer every 5 seconds or so.

All in all, love the concept, you just have to have the speed needed to hear Sirius. (On the XM side, I haven't had problems because it's 64K as opposed to 129K, so it isn't teethering on the edge like Sirius.)
  11. AlbanyHDTV

AlbanyHDTV New Member

Sirius on a Palm phone?

I have been looking for a way to stream Sirius on my Palm Centro. I posted this over at SBS and was told that I was SOL. I believe only phones that use Windows Mobile OS can stream Sirius.

If anyone knows of a way to stream Sirius on a phone with a Palm OS, please let me know.
  12. ldivinag

ldivinag Member

waiting for both sir and xm players for the iPhone...

(might be a looooooooong time though...)
  13. stumpy

stumpy Guest

Looking that way.

I just bought the Orb app of the iTunes app store. I installed orb and uSirius on my boot camp volume and leave a 'server' running. I can stream H100 and H101 anytime now!!!

Well, as long as the connection stays up.
  14. WM5 is the greatest!!!!! Awesome thank god for unlimited data!!!!
  15. riskybzns

you said it girl. dave from geekstoolbox is awesome for creating this app. he just updated the server if you haven't fired it up yet tonight.
  16. I miss my creative as I broke it , but WM5 is a great alternative.
  17. PACanesFan

PACanesFan Member

Just a little PSA from GeekstoolBox.com

18. leth

leth Member

I had this on my phone with Bell (came as part of a package), but I found it skipped too much. Definately not anything I would have paid extra for.
  19. Stew

Stew New Member

Samsung BlackJack(original) AT&T w/ unlimited Data plan using StarPlayr for Windows Mobile(thanks Geeks Tool Box) to stream Sirius