Satellite problem??

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
UPDATE

Leave your Radios on in the Satellite Mode. They will be sending out a software update that most likely should deal with the issue today.

It's the only mode we can get. :) I thought it only did updates via WiFi?

I will PM you my contact if still needed.

After seeing other's responses, I will advise tonight.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Faith in Sirius restored. Had my receiver on ch 184 in the home dock. Wanted to call CS and rant about a dead unit to demand a trial sub til things went back to normal. Accessed all features and I can finally say all is well that ends well. Stil have channel logos from 2010. Some service is better than none at all. In perfect hindsight I'd like to be treated like a valued customer instead of an afterthought. Delete the accounts for expired trial and demo subs seperately. Time for some Sirius progress.

If any of the five guests viewing this forum can preclude the 24-48 debacle on the next update man will breath easier when picking up their receivers on the way to work et cetra.

Pericles

Jul 15, 2012
Faith in Sirius restored. Had my receiver on ch 184 in the home dock. Wanted to call CS and rant about a dead unit to demand a trial sub til things went back to normal. Accessed all features and I can finally say all is well that ends well. Stil have channel logos from 2010. Some service is better than none at all. In perfect hindsight I'd like to be treated like a valued customer instead of an afterthought. Delete the accounts for expired trial and demo subs seperately. Time for some Sirius progress.

If any of the five guests viewing this forum can preclude the 24-48 debacle on the next update man will breath easier when picking up their receivers on the way to work et cetra.

Brilliant! nafddur thanks for orignating the post and thanks to TSS Taylor for keeping us updated. It's great communicating with you guys. When I get home I will confirm these findings.

Cheers,
Pericles

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I like now I get to many refresh in 24 mours.

edit: call and got lady to refresh and now it works.

Thank you TSS Taylor, I feel we were not getting anywhere until you got involved.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I like now I get to many refresh in 24 mours.

edit: call and got lady to refresh and now it works.

Thank you TSS Taylor, I feel we were not getting anywhere until you got involved.

They were aware of the issue well before I did anything. It's just you can never tell who is aware or not at the company since the CS reps are at a different level than the engineering/software guys who deal with the fixes/issues.

For those who are back up and running are your presets the same and do you have your stored content back?

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
So are we at the same OS/build numbers on the SL2's?
When I upgraded to my Lynx, I forgot to cancel the subscription on my SL2.
I've been hesitant to turn it on with the glitch floating around out there.
If there is an update, I was thinking I should fire it up, do the update, and then cancel it.
I still want to hang on to it as a back-up since it doesn't have much resale value.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
They were aware of the issue well before I did anything. It's just you can never tell who is aware or not at the company since the CS reps are at a different level than the engineering/software guys who deal with the fixes/issues.

For those who are back up and running are your presets the same and do you have your stored content back?

I tried an erase and reset along the way so I cant help on the preset question

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
If there is an update, I was thinking I should fire it up, do the update, and then cancel it.
I still want to hang on to it as a back-up since it doesn't have much resale value.

Im in for the nite, radio in the work van ready to record, so I dont know the build #, and I couldn't tell the last one to be honest.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com

I would guess that the actual software of the Stiletto is the same as before.

jwenzel

Jul 16, 2012
My SL2 is back up with all Sirius channels - still NO Best of XM. Had customer care refresh signal and give me a ticket number. They said they'd contact me within 24 hours via phone (I'm not holding my breath) and the problem should be fixed within 3-5 days - I've heard that before.

It looks like to me they've fixed the recording and library issues and got everyone their Sirius channels - but have left the Best of XM'ers in the lurch.

NOTE: I have a SIRIUS everything and Best of XM lifetime subscription.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

I am back as if nothing happened. I have full recordings even of stuff this weekend when I could not access. Presets are ok as they were once I got the sat channels back.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
My SL2 is back up with all Sirius channels - still NO Best of XM. Had customer care refresh signal and give me a ticket number. They said they'd contact me within 24 hours via phone (I'm not holding my breath) and the problem should be fixed within 3-5 days - I've heard that before.

It looks like to me they've fixed the recording and library issues and got everyone their Sirius channels - but have left the Best of XM'ers in the lurch.

NOTE: I have a SIRIUS everything and Best of XM lifetime subscription.

I passed this along that your XM Channels aren't showing up.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
I also did a reset and erase as part of my troubleshooting last week. That's how I knew my recording function wasn't working when the channels came back, because I couldn't reprogram my recordings. But that (along with the wifi) seems OK as of earlier this afternoon. I'll know for sure when Stern records tomorrow morning. A couple test recordings worked fine, however, so everything now appears normal on my S2.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
Recorded perfectly this morning from 6-11:30. Looks like everything is back to normal here.