Sansa volume in car?

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by PMantle, Jan 28, 2009.

1. PMantle

PMantle New Member

Still new to this tech. Tried an MP3 player for the first time this morning. Using the same aux. input in my Chevy truck stock head unit that works great with my Sirius Sportster. Anyway, I had to turn the truck volume dangerously high to even hear the music. Got to work, and noticed the player's volume was on normal. I've since set it to high, but not had a chance to go back to the truck. If that does not work, what are my options? Any chance my head unit has aux volume settings? Thanks for any help.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

There are some head units that will allow you to adjust the volume on the aux-input, most factory head units do not. But turning up the output volume on the Sansa will help with the volume, though turning up the volume all the way could also introduce some distortion. I had a Sansa Connect and that was one of the problems I had with it was when I'd turn up the volume all the way I could hear distortion. But I did eventually get a JVC head unit which allowed me to adjust the aux-input volume and this totally resolved the problem as it basically allows you to match the output of all your other audio like CD or Radio.

3. PMantle

PMantle New Member

Thanks. Unfortunately, my player only has normal and high. High helped a bit, but still isn't acceptable. I'll check my manual on the stereo.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

One other thing I thought about is that PIE makes a volume booster that can be wired between the head unit's aux in and the audio-out on the Sansa. If you are interested I can find it and post a link.

5. PMantle

PMantle New Member

That would be nice. What about this? http://www.boostaroo.com/caraudio.htm

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I have no experience with that, so I really can't say. It says it boost the headphone jack volume, so it may work.

Here is the PIE LD-1 which I know works, but it does require some installation and maybe more trouble than it is worth, not to mention pricey. I know a lot of people used these with older sat radios that had low volume output.

LD-1 - PIE LD1 2-Channel adjustable Line Driver - Accessories - Precision Interface - Discount Car Stereo.com - Detail