Sal's finances (What a moron)

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Sal is a moron. He can make 2 grand a weekend off shows. thats an extra 100 G's a year. I'm guessing he makes around 100 G's from sirius. so thats great money to me. I make far less than six figures, but I have no debt outside of a mortgage, and less than 2G's in student loans. reason being???

I pay all the bills in the household. plan out my budget and stick to that sh*t. I anticipate bills in advance, and plan how to divide my checks up to pay it off, and always pay myself savings as well.

the fact of the matter is women are not good with budgets and saving money. thats y I always pay myself first. got to have money for contingencies.

paying the bills is a man's job. how can sal let his wife handle the finances when she wants to buy purses and mercedes when already don't have a pot to piss in? he's driving a 94 civic, and she wants a mercedes. I'd shake the sh*t outta my wife if she ever tried to pull that kinda stunt.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I find it amazing that this Christine wants a Mercedes truck. I wasn't even aware that Mercedes made pickup trucks. I'm not one to condone domestic violence, but in this case I'll make an exception. Sal needs to slap a bitch.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Don't generalize. My girlfriend is a great financial planner. She better be because the wedding will be on her! My money has to go to the ring! :D :( :D

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
My wife is a great financial planner, I have no idea where or how much money I had...

ONe time my wife (gf at the time) was secretly taking out 20$ at a time so that she could buy me a present (so she says, but IRREGARDLESS ha ha), I had no idea that there was a bunch of money out of our joint account (it was aroudn $200 so not a lot) but meh...... I could be broke right now.... WHO KNOWS

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Don't generalize. My girlfriend is a great financial planner. She better be because the wedding will be on her! My money has to go to the ring! :D :( :D

my sister is an accountant, but most women in general, are terrible with money. as evidenced by a conversation I once heard in my job's lunchroom where females were advocating getting car loans with 20% plus interest rates.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'm about average with spending and financial responsibility for myself. That being said Holy Crap is Sal in a shitty place. I don't believe for a moment he makes $100k at SIRIUS. Maybe $60k tops. But probably $100k doing gigs. He is going down in a huge sinking ship and his wife no doubt sunk it.

She is trying to keep up with the Joneses way too much. He needs to cut his losses and get out of the marriage and the financial situation he is in by stop purchasing anything that isn't a total necessity.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I'm about average with spending and financial responsibility for myself. That being said Holy Crap is Sal in a shitty place. I don't believe for a moment he makes $100k at SIRIUS. Maybe $60k tops. But probably $100k doing gigs. He is going down in a huge sinking ship and his wife no doubt sunk it.

She is trying to keep up with the Joneses way too much. He needs to cut his losses and get out of the marriage and the financial situation he is in by stop purchasing anything that isn't a total necessity.

he's gotta make more than 60k from sirius. I mean he has a home in long island, 3 kids, and a wife that doesn't work.

oh yeah, and a range rover.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
He needs to cut his losses and get out of the marriage and the financial situation he is in by stop purchasing anything that isn't a total necessity.

I totally agree. He needs to get a divorce and then they can split their debt. That way she will have to work and pay off some of the shit she bought.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
That's some crazy shit he's letting his wife get away with. There's no way in hell I would let my wife go off like that. I could see if she was spending that kind of money to maintain the household but for shit like pocket books, no fuckin' way. He really needs to grow a pair.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
he's gotta make more than 60k from sirius. I mean he has a home in long island, 3 kids, and a wife that doesn't work.

Most of his money and cost of living was carried over from his stock broker days. Kinda like when Bubba was first on SIRIUS his money was leftover from his FM days.

Most programmers and people who work as producers at SIRIUS XM would make something in the $30k range. Will, Jason, etc might make more, maybe around $50k but no way Sal makes $100k from the Stern show.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com

This is the other thing about this. Lots of people look at what someone has and ASSUMES they have their stuff together and then assume there is more money. I think Sals Wife and her friends might live in this world where they think Sal makes more than he does since he has some fame. Those friends can put major pressure on his financial security by buying into the idea he is rich.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Most of his money and cost of living was carried over from his stock broker days. Kinda like when Bubba was first on SIRIUS his money was leftover from his FM days.

Most programmers and people who work as producers at SIRIUS XM would make something in the $30k range. Will, Jason, etc might make more, maybe around $50k but no way Sal makes $100k from the Stern show.

That may be their salary anywhere else, but we're talking NYC. You can't compare NYC to any place else on earth. I come from Boston, where the rents are astronomical ($2000/month for a studio in Brighton) and they are still 1/3 of what they are in NYC. King of All Blacks makes 6 figures as a garbage man. Homeless people make 30k in NYC just begging. So I imagine Sal makes about 100k, and still lives above his means.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
His wife will use him till she can get no more out of him then throw him out with his bills and debt and she'll keep it all PLUS 50% of his take till the kids are 18 and move onto the next creep.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
His wife will use him till she can get no more out of him then throw him out with his bills and debt and she'll keep it all PLUS 50% of his take till the kids are 18 and move onto the next creep.
And what makes that so bad is that he sees it and wont don anything about it.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
artie has said he makes about 1 million a year from sirius. and when he had that meltdown on sal and threw the cd at him, he said something to the effect that he makes about 10 times what richard and sal make and he's under paid, and they're overpaid. that being said, they make around 100k given artie makes 10 times his salary.