Sal & Richard bumper bits

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
So, do you guys think they play the same bits coming back into the show after a break all the time because they're lazy or because Richard & Sal cant come up with anything better? Personally, I think its because they cant make them like they used to.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
A little bit of everything. The one I'm hearing right now is new (to me, with the dog ordering pizza)
I've heard them say that they have a ton of calls they can't get releases on, too.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
That damn dog bit made my dog go crazy. JD's laugh also makes my dog bark. I guess he thinks that JD is a dog.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I also think they replay the same ones far too often. Could be that in studio, they aren't really paying too much attention so don't quite know how annoying it is to the audience.

Then again, maybe they don't care? I'd settle for just some music bumpers over the same old calls over and over again.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Yeah, it's funny for a minute until he does it when you are on a conference call (I work from home).

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Today when they played the phony phone call with Sal nd Richard playing parents that had the retarded kid that ate the harmonica and was farting Blues Riffs, I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I thought that was great. I don't know why because I'm not the guy to really laugh at fart jokes but I just thought this was off the wall and hilarious. I really did have tears in my eyes. that is not an exageration like when people say "I spit out my coffee."

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
So, do you guys think they play the same bits coming back into the show after a break all the time because they're lazy or because Richard & Sal cant come up with anything better?

A little bit of both of those, plus I don't think Howard and the gang pay that much attention to them as they're playing, so they might not remember that a bit has been played recently. They also don't take into account how many times that bit will be heard as a result of the numerous show replays throughout the week. And, of course, you get the guys who call in and request a bit (even though it's been played to death).

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Today when they played the phony phone call with Sal nd Richard playing parents that had the retarded kid that ate the harmonica and was farting Blues Riffs, I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I thought that was great. I don't know why because I'm not the guy to really laugh at fart jokes but I just thought this was off the wall and hilarious. I really did have tears in my eyes. that is not an exageration like when people say "I spit out my coffee."

the one with john the stutterer and all his oooo oooo'ing?!? just great!