S50 question

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by mynameisjamie, Oct 14, 2008.

1. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

So....
    Let's say I have an s50 and home kit. Is it possible to connect my home kit with a USB cable to my computer and then have S50 play through my computer speakers?
    As another example, let's say I have an iPod and I connect it to my computer, I can use my iPod as a hard disk and play songs off of it through my computer without having to connect audio cables or all of that jazz.

I know it's kind of a roundabout way to listen to my s50 but where would the world be without experimentation.

Thanks everyone.
  2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I don't think thats allowed via the S50. You need to do an audio cable from the line out to your speakers line in, unfortunately, unless someone can prove me wrong.
  3. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

You are correct. I don't think you can do it with an Ipod either unless the songs are loaded on said pc.
  4. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

Yeah I was guessing the same thing. It would certainly make it too easy to copy music from your S50 to your computer.
    Thanks.
  5. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

If you have the home kit, you can always just unplug your speakers from your computer then go straight to the home dock. ( no computer necessary ) I did this for many years with my S50 before I got a stiletto.

[​IMG]
  6. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

Exactly. That would certainly be a much easier way to set that up. And something I would always recommend to anyone. Just thought it was worth a shot. If you really really wanted to listen through a computer, why not just use an 1/8" to 1/8" to your computer's line in? Easy-peasy.
    Thanks everyone for the assistance.
  7. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

This is what I did with my Stiletto up until a month ago when I moved. Did it for over a year, and didn't mind it at all. Also allowed for recording via the line-in on the soundcard.