S2, change channels question. What is best Sirius car radio to get?

chocula

Dec 4, 2008
My S2 installation is not going well, and i think I may have decided to get a different radio for my car anyway.

1. With the Stiletto 2, can you change channels from say channel 7 to channel 8 without going back into the menu? I like how on my sportster I can go from channel 7 to 8 to 9, etc...

2. What is the best Sirius radio to get for my car now? I really like the way the Sportster works and the large display. I do nto really need anything fancy, the basic has worked well all this time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The answer to #1 is no. I use my presets on the while driving with the SL2.

With the glare from the sun I find that the SL2 is not a very good car radio. I think any of the plug n' plays would be good. If you were looking at XM or Sirius, the ExpressRC sounds like a very nice radio but you won't be able to attach it at a family plan rate to your SL2 Sirius account.

chocula

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks. I have two Sirius plans already, so it has to be a Sirius radio. I looked at some radios today and decided to get a Sportster again, as I really liked mine. I want a Sportster 5, but they are kind of pricey. May try EBay or closeout on tss-radio.

Thanks

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks. I have two Sirius plans already, so it has to be a Sirius radio. I looked at some radios today and decided to get a Sportster again, as I really liked mine. I want a Sportster 5, but they are kind of pricey. May try EBay or closeout on tss-radio.

Thanks

Sirius has the Sportster 5 with a vehicle kit on sale for 119.99. Retail is 169.99. The Stratus 5 w/veh kit is 19.99 (from69.99). IMO the Starmate 4 is is best deal at 44.99 (from 119.99).

You'll need your user ID and password to access the members only deals.

chocula

Dec 4, 2008
Sirius has the Sportster 5 with a vehicle kit on sale for 119.99. Retail is 169.99. The Stratus 5 w/veh kit is 19.99 (from69.99). IMO the Starmate 4 is is best deal at 44.99 (from 119.99).

You'll need your user ID and password to access the members only deals.

Thanks. I had no idea they had those deals going on for members. I really appreciate it.