S-50 New Channel Logos and Voice Tags Updated (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by johnw343, Jan 19, 2009.

1. johnw343

johnw343 New Member

Sirius has updated channel logo and voice tags - Just use MSS and use restore to factory defaults option. You Will lose all saved content.

2. snakester

snakester Member

Sad really. Sirius continues supporting the S50, but does nothing for Stiletto owners.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The last guy that said this was almost run out of town and practically called a liar!

This is your first post, so you might expect the same. I never understood why folks would get all bent about someone saying this, YET not take the time to plug in their S50 to MSS to find out.

Thanks for the update!

4. petteri

petteri New Member

Ok, I've got my S50 hooked up right now. I'll leave it on for a while. I'm not going to "restore to factory defaults" just yet as I don't want to lose my saved songs. If that doesn't work, I'll do the restore option. I've never had to "restore" the device before to get the updated logos...

5. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Cause the S50 rules and stiletto is for sucker poser jerkfaces!

6. petteri

petteri New Member

I can confirm that the logos have updated! I did need to restore to factory defaults though. Yea S50!

EDIT: Voice tags are updated as well!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Dammit where the hell is that wire?????

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

As an SL2 owner all I can say is THIS SUCKS. :(

Fix the SL2s already.

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well maybe the fact that this was released for the S50 means they are actually working on a release for the SL100 and SL2. But I wouldn't hold my breath either!

Thanks to petteri for the confirmation that the S50 is being updated. I think these updates have been so far and few between that most forgot how to get them.

10. YankeeXDev

YankeeXDev Member

This is BS how the SL2 barely gets updated when I paid over 300 dollars and they hardly do anything to update it or support it.

11. petteri

petteri New Member

Well, from what I understand the S50 logos are much easier to update. If fact I think it can be done by the end user if you want to tackle it as a DIY project.

This is good news, it shows that Sirius XM is actively working on these radios. I'm guess that we'll see updates for the Stiletto family sooner rather than later at this point.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I was guessing that the S50 update is the update experiment, guinea pig, test group, beta test, time trials, dry hump, hope it works group.

I'd rather have them do it right, then cause problems with a bad update.

Stay the course.

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well that would be an incorrect guess as them updating the channel logos, wallpaper and icons on the S50 has ZERO impact on its usability. Unlike the Stiletto's this update is not tied to any kind of ZAP or firmware update. So doing this update is totally harmless.

14. fineware

fineware Member

Perhaps some ambitious person could capture the updated IMAGES/CLOGO and WPAPER directories in a zip file and post them here...

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Why not just plug it into your computer with the MSS software running and let it do its thing?

16. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

We don't roll that way.

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

This sucks!!!:mad:

18. fineware

fineware Member

Been there, done that, left everything running for over an hour. The MSS thing apparently doesn't work unless you reset the S50, losing all of your songs. That's a hell of a waste, especially when the channel you built about 1000 songs from no longer exists.

19. Hatuxka

Hatuxka New Member

Good idea, my S50 won't update this way. MSS just won't connect to it-tried on three computers. Something about do I want to establish an S50 image on the unit, the yes response times out w/no changes. If someone could just pull the appropriate files for the updated channels the logos and respective (or respectful as Bubba would say) voice intros and post them that would be great.

20. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah that is a lot of songs to lose to do the reset. I guess because it has been so long since these things were updated that you have to do a reset to get it to work.

Maybe someone will come up with a way to do it are least copy the graphics.