Russel Brand

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Nope. Didn't get it. He was ok, not horrible but certainly not an up and coming mega star.

Not Howard's fault, the guy is huge across the pond but I don't see him being a huge star here.

Thoughts?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I felt the same way. I only listened to about 5 mins of him being in and changed it to something else. No one's fault I just wasn't into it. Meh....

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think he's funny as hell. I can't wait to hear what he had to say today. I have to say, I am surprised he was booked onto the show.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I love listening to him, I love to hear how his mind works. He's constantly moving the dialog forward, like a verbal shark. His appearance leads people to believe he is someone that he is not. I've seen him interviewed a dozen times and he's always polite, funny and interesting. He comes off to me as a cheekier version of Eric Idle.

I like the guy.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
The whole show was filled with fast talkers and mumble mouths! I don't think I understood a word of it!

Good stuff.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
I told my girlfriend that the guy from Forgetting Sarah Marshall was going to be on Howard, she was disappointed when Jason Segal wasn't the guest. I think she likes him because he has a large cock.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I enjoyed it - he was very funny and entertaining. More Russell Brand, less Joan Rivers!!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Not bad. I enjoyed Sarah Marshall, but thought he was the worst thing in it. But this was ok, especially compared to the horrible soundbites from that awards show. Never let this man host anything again, but as a guest he's worth a listen.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Yeah, I certainly didn't get him hosting the awards show. Just another atempt at MTV to be on the cutting edge despite being right in the center.

He was an ok guest but I think he would have been better had he been a little more calm and told the stories that Howard was setting him up for rather than just responding to the questions.

He wasn't horrible by any means.

I did not see Forgetting Sarah Marshal so I actually have never seen Russel Brand in any movie. I will say that he was pretty quick witted yesterday.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I did not see Forgetting Sarah Marshal so I actually have never seen Russel Brand in any movie. I will say that he was pretty quick witted yesterday.

Sarah Marshall was really funny. Plus, it has a topless picture of Mila Kunis in it (yum!). There are a disturbing number of scenes which feature Jason Segel's junk flopping around, but Mila and the chick who played Elle on Heroes are hot.

Plus, it's really funny.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
Sarah Marshall was really funny. Plus, it has a topless picture of Mila Kunis in it (yum!). There are a disturbing number of scenes which feature Jason Segel's junk flopping around, but Mila and the chick who played Elle on Heroes are hot.

Plus, it's really funny.

Here's Elle (Kristin Bell) with Russel:

and Mila:

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I'm surprised this guy got booked as a guest, when they spent half an hour trashing him when he hosted the MTV Video Awards... no hypocrisy there...