Rumor : Bankruptcy plans are on the Table

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Well you know I have turned lots and lots of people on to sat radio and this so called issue of people having a hard time installing, difficulty getting a signal honestly only applies to folks that are total idiots. None of the folks that I know ever had those difficulties and most of them did really nice clean installs. In regards to high priced equipment, last I checked no one is forced into buying the higher end equipment, they have tuners as cheap as $30, so that argument doesn't hold water.

This isn't to say that folks don't ever have equipment problems and that reception in homes doesn't take a bit of effort it most certainly does. I think the issue here lies more with lazy people than the service itself. This is afterall SATELLITE radio so yes you may need to get that antenna outside at home and instead of throwing the antenna under your seat or on your dash and then getting poor reception isn't a Sirius issue that is a end user issue. Fortunately it seems that most of the customers have enough since to do proper installs.

It is my opinion that what is hurting sat radio is all this debt and the perception that the industry will surely fail. Yet my Gauge which isn't anything but watching stock in stores such as Best Buy, Circuit City and Walmart indicate to me that radios are still be sold as are subscriptions.

The poor customer service is really more about the crappy outsourcing companies than Sirius itself. They really need to look at these companies they outsource too and make sure they are providing a better level of care.

I do feel if Sirius can get the money to get through this year with all this debt coming through, then they will be just fine. You naysayers, have been saying this shit about Sirius for 8 years now and they are still here.

Word!

What company isn't having troubles these days? Who's stock prices are really up? Satellite radio= luxury item. Luxury items don't usually flourish in recession economies.

Chapter 11 would mean that they could write off some of their debt and be protected from some of their creditors while they iron things out.

I still see them surviving, especially without direct competition.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Apparently I live in a bubble then. Frankly I don't really care enough to get into it anymore. I could care less what happens in the end. What I say does not really matter anyway.

You either live in a bubble or you've been around a lot of lazy people that did poor installations and want to blame that on Sirius. These radios are pretty darn simply to install and most of them come with very detailed instructions. The problem is, OH I DON'T WANT THAT ANTENNA ON MY CAR, so instead I stick it under my seat or on my dash with something on top of it because my gosh those antennas are so unsightly! I could go on and on, but that is the real deal for why many complain about reception.

I've seen installs where folks would stick the antenna in the door of the car and with it constantly opening and closing eventually it breaks the antenna wire, yet once again this is Sirius's problem, lets not blame the end users who didn't follow the instructions to begin with.

Now again there has been some crappy quality tuners out there I will grant you that. But the bulk of those that complain about installations and receptions is because they don't do them right or because they are just lazy and/or want to do it their way.