RPG's

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
Has anybody played a good RPG lately? I'm looking for something to play, any suggestions?

Last RPG I played was Fallout: New Vegas so I haven't played anything that has come out since then.

Thx!

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
Have you tried the Dragon age games? Or Elderscrolls?

Oblivion was great, can't wait for Skyrim. I played a bunch of the first dragon age but gave up after finding the controls too frustrating (it just didn't translate to consoles well). I've looked into Dragon Age II but haven't decided if the hack n' slash route was good. Have you played it? Did you like it?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
As a casual gamer, I've always been confused by the term RPG.

What exaclty defines a ROLE PLAYING GAME? Is Resident Evil?

Isn't any game where you play as one main character an RPG? God of War, Resident Evil, any first person shooter?

Can someone please define RPG?

TSS Pete

May 10, 2011
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
In my mind, when someone says RPG, my mind goes directly to playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. Basically, before video games, you rolled dice to attack your enemy and you go on quests.

There are many interpretations of what's an RPG, but you start with a low level character, collect items, build up your character to make you stronger. Lots of games do this,

Best way to determine an RPG, is when your character "levels up"

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
RPG is supposed to imply role playing. In other words, pretending to be someone you aren't. But now it mostly means level grinding.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
In my mind, when someone says RPG, my mind goes directly to playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. Basically, before video games, you rolled dice to attack your enemy and you go on quests.

There are many interpretations of what's an RPG, but you start with a low level character, collect items, build up your character to make you stronger. Lots of games do this,

Best way to determine an RPG, is when your character "levels up"

Thanks to both you and MEMBAG for this. I woudl always pretend I knew what an RPG was but I would sort of always walk away confused.

Makes a lot more sense now.