1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Ron and Fez moving to Raw Dog Jan 2014

Discussion in 'SiriusXM News & Talk' started by TSS Taylor, Dec 7, 2013.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It was announced yesterday after a drama filled week that Ron and Fez will be moved from the Opie and Anthony channel to Raw Dog starting January 6, 2014.

Even if you don't listen to them it's a big deal. And here is why.

-It leaves a potential opening for another show on the Opie and Anthony channel
    -I suspect the Premium channels will be moved around HOPEFULLY to give more people access to them under a basic plan
    -Now Ron and Fez will be heard to all SiriusXM subscribers and not just XM subs or Sirius subs with a Premium package
    -It may signify that Opie and Anthony may have a bigger changeup, perhaps combining with other content on another channel

My personal guess is that now that Tim Sabean is the program director of Talk on SiriusXM that he sees and opportunity to get some Stern fans and other talk fans on board with some other content that they have been missing out on. And he just wants to make it easier for them to access it.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

This is good. I've heard people say that they wanted more talk options across platforms.
  3. microbob

microbob Active Member

Why not just do away with the premium package and charge one price for everything? That way Stern could be made available to XM radio subs without additional costs as well as O&A could be on Sirius platform the same as well
  4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

We can only hope. To me that would be such an improvement. The current packages are so confusing. And they prevent a lot of shows from having more listeners.
  5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Damn, I forgot about Ron and Fez.

Is Fez still claiming he likes chicks?
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I think at this point, SXM needs to be planning for their post-Stern days. If he gets another contract it will be 3 times more money and probably just 1 day a week 4 weeks a year. I think this shows probably the first steps in that process.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hopefully that's what they are doing. If Howard re-ups, I can't picture it being quite as bad as you're saying, but I'd guess it will still be less shows than he's doing now. You can't expect someone like that to go from 100 mph (161 kph for you) to 0 mph (that's zed kph for you) instantly. He's slowing down at his own pace.

Getting ready for the change should have been a higher priority some time ago.
  8. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

Now listening to the announcement via YOUTUBE:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwvVdIhjrI]Ron & Fez: We're Moving To Raw Dog Comedy (12/06/13) - YouTube[/ame]
  9. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

So apparently O&A are now live at 6:30, following the producer's pre-show. There's also a post-show from 10:30 to 11 with the same producer...but wasn't that post-show a thing from years ago?
  10. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

I tried to listen yesterday but I couldn't make it 10minutes and I was a huge fan when they were in Boston/New York
  11. Salesman

Salesman Member

Dumbest move of all time putting O&A at 630 to 1030.

Really dumb move by that fat, disgusting elephant Tim Saben.
    hyson likes this.
  12. puddychains

puddychains Member

Well, at least you gave it a chance. 10 minutes since Boston/New York should do.
  13. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Not sure if the Ron and Fez Show was offered On Demand before the move to Raw Dog, but they just added it to the Featured Shows page- Note the Duration: 2:37 Ads that took up 23 minutes have all been cut out.

Aired 1/6- Ron & Fez's first day on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99. Is Aaron Rodgers gay? Ron reveales the Christmas gift Fez gave him 3 years ago. Comedian Jim Florentine stops in

Aired 1/7- Shelby recounts his Thanksgiving, Actress Gillian Jacobs in studio, bikini bridges and Michael Bay's onstage meltdown, Comedian Paul Morrissey in studio and late night host hypothetical fight
  14. Salesman

Salesman Member

Ron and Fez has always been hit or miss for me. I will say it's ok but not great. I can't listen to it unless their topic is something that interest me otherwise I tune out.
  15. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

I don't think anyone posted the Ron and Fez schedule.

Ron & Fez Weekdays 12 pm to 3pm ET - Channel 99

Three hours of highly addictive radio featuring unexpected guests and an audience that gets involved. Conversations range from the absurdly hilarious to moments of actual intellectual fulfillment.

SiriusXM Raw Dog ? Comedy Uncensored - SiriusXM Radio

SiriusXM Raw Dog ? Comedy Uncensored - SiriusXM Radio
    It does not look like any replays so go to On Demand if needed.