Roger Federer

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Whether you are a fan of tennis or not, and a lot of people aren't, thinking it only a "county club" sport, you cannot deny that Roger Federer is the most dominate athlete in the world today.

He is just won, and make sure you watch the highlights on Sportscenter because his shot today was probably the greatest shot I've ever seen, and will go to his 6th straight US OPEN Final.

This would be like if Tiger Woods won EVERY single tournament he entered. It would be like if Tom Brady won every game. It would be like if Tom Brady had the golf skills of Tiger and Tiger the skill of Tom Brady.

it is insane. Without a doubt, the Athelete of the Year, if not the decade.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have thought of somebody remotely close.

Usain Bolt. Roger is tops because he has been at the top of this sport for years now, but Bolt should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
He's incredibly consistent. He makes at least the semifinals of every Grand Slam tournament he enters (22 consecutive), and he wins most of them.
The best player I've ever seen.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
He is just won, and make sure you watch the highlights on Sportscenter because his shot today was probably the greatest shot I've ever seen, and will go to his 6th straight US OPEN Final.

AMAZING!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1dvVQbBt7Q]YouTube - Roger Federer Shot of the year Semifinal USOPEN 2009[/ame]

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
This would be like if Tiger Woods won EVERY single tournament he entered.

The problem with comparing Tiger to Federer is Tiger not only has his opponents to contend with but also the golf courses. In tennis, there's no variation besides the surface you play on (grass, clay, hard). Imagine if in golf there were only three courses to play on. I think Tiger might win every week under those circumstances.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well with Federer's loss today I think the most dominant athelete in the world today is Usain Bolt hands down. The thing with Bolt is that he wont lose another race for 4 or 5 years.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I agree, as long as the 'roids don't pop up in his future, Bolt is the most dominant. He's lapping everyone out there.