Rock On The Range!!

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Ehilbert1, May 31, 2014.

1. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I haven't got to talk about ROTR much. The 2014 version was pretty dam good. I would have to say that Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold and (Fucking) Slayer wiped the floor with everyone.

Five Finger was awesome. The guy can do the metal scream and still sing. The guy has some pipes. They did a cool version of Mama said knock you out by LL Cool J. The singer also did the O H.... I O thing for us Ohio State fans. That was awesome! Avenged never disappoints. I haven't seen Slayer on a while but they sound tight. I was surprised that GNR and Axel was pretty good. They actually played about an hour over their allotted time. They pretty much played all of Appetite and lots of other old stuff. Axel can't hit all the high stuff like he used to but it was still pretty good. One band that really impressed me was Pop Evil. They rocked it and then brought out some Marines with paintings of fallen soldiers. It was a nice tribute! The second and third stage really didn't have to many well known bands. Hopefully next year they can get Soulfly, Machinehead maybe even a Fear Factory reunion.

Except for the assholes sitting in the handicapped section that shouldn't have it was great. I'm getting to old to do the whole 3 days. It sold out again so Rock is not dead!

My pics are to large to upload so here are some youtube links.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dig, looked like a good show.

Sent from Tapatalk.

3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sounds f'ing awesome, glad you had a good time.

4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Yea it was a great time. If you get a chance to get out and listen to live music do it. You can really judge a band and form a good opinion when you actually see them and hear them live.

HecticArt likes this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I been to many live music events, I try to go to Mayhem Fest every year. Most of those bands I have either seen live or am a fan of and they all rock the joint.

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  6. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I've been to a lot of shows and it gets harder to do when you get older married and have kids. When I was in college there were so many bands that would play the Newport on our campus. It was good times. As long as the wife is cool with it I'm going to always try to go to ROTR.

Wolf, HecticArt and goreds2 like this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Amen. I can still get the Mrs to go see everything from Tool to Brian Setzer. She's a good broad.