Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Tonight's the big night on HBO- anyone gonna check it out?

I don't have HBO- does anyone have any ideas on an alternate way to watch this?

We finally finished watching the show.

Ir was generally pretty good. It seems like they cut the jam sessions down a bit from previous years. Alex's speech kinda grew on me. The sarcasm was very subtle. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
So Rush is blah, blah blah.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q421kNZ83BI]Etan G at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rush induction 2013 Alex Lifeson Blah Blah Blah Speech! - YouTube[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
More Blah, blah, blah news:

Happy Birthday to @rushtheband's Alex Lifeson!

BSsLchpCMAAkLAj.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Nirvana, Kiss among Rock Hall nominees

Twenty-five years after asking fans if they could feel the band's "love buzz," Nirvana is nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

It's the first year that the influential grunge rockers have been eligible for consideration, joining the ranks of other first-time nominees such as Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates and Yes.

Also on the ballot are returning favorites from last year such as Chic, Deep Purple and The Meters, along with hip-hop luminaries N.W.A. and LL Cool J.

I vote for Yes :bigthumbup:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Linda Ronstadt, Yes, Nirvana among 2014 Rock Hall of Fame nominees

Linda Ronstadt is among 16 nominees for 2014 induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Just two months after Linda Ronstadt went public with the news that she can no longer sing because of Parkinson’s disease, she’s made the final nominations list for the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Peter Gabriel, Nirvana, Cat Stevens, Yes, LL Cool J and the Replacements.

The remainder of the 16 acts that made the ballot that will go to Rock Hall voters are the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Chic, Deep Purple, Hall and Oates, KISS, N.W.A., the Meters, Link Wray and the Zombies.

Inductees are voted on by 600 members of the Rock Hall including all previous living inductees, musicians, historians, journalists, critics and music industry personnel.

Starting last year, the process expanded to include a fan vote. Fans can weigh in with their choices starting Oct. 16 and continuing through Dec. 10 at 2 p.m. Pacific time at the Rock Hall’s official website, and also at Rolling Stone and USA Today sites. The top five vote-getters will constitute the “fans’ ballot” that will be counted among the other 600 to be cast.

Ronstadt has been eligible for induction for more than 20 years under the Rock Hall’s requirement that artists wait 25 years after their first commercial recording to become eligible. Eagles co-founder Don Henley recently described her absence from the hall as “another travesty,” but Ronstadt herself told The Times “I don’t care if I ever get inducted.”

Among the acts likely to generate the greatest fan response are progressive-rock group Yes, hard rock bands KISS and Deep Purple and folk-rock singer-songwriter Cat Stevens.

Compton rap group N.W.A was among last year’s final nominees, but did not make the cut for induction. Gabriel is vying for a second induction, following his 2010 entrance into the Rock Hall as a member of British prog-rock band Genesis.

Inductees are expected to be announced in December. The induction ceremony is slated for April in New York City, and highlights from the event will be shown on HBO in May.

Linda Ronstadt, Yes, Nirvana among 2014 Rock Hall of Fame nominees - latimes.com

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Dood- talk about split-timing! We are on the same page literally :wow:

Here's the complete list in order as I would rank them worthy of this title.

Deep Purple
KISS
Linda Ronstadt
Yes
The Zombies
Nirvana
Hall and Oates
Peter Gabriel
Cat Stevens
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
The Meters
Link Wray
The Replacements
Chic
LL Cool J
N.W.A.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
See & hear the Nominees:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPNMp5_vhd0]Announcing the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees - YouTube[/ame]

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Purple, Kiss, Link, Yes, and the Zombies.

Let's get out there and vote people. Take the rock back!

I like your old attitude about RRHOF better.

It is better off dead. It already includes questionable acts, is missing other acts which should be in there, and is now opening the process up to voting by the public.

Dead, Dead, Dead, and Dead.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Don't get me wrong, they are still dead to me. But I'm a crusader. If they can start doing the right thing, I'll take credit for it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So, you figure it's only a matter of time until ICP, Jay-Z and Eminem get in? Hell, Eminem can get in four times over! They can induct Marshall Mathers, Eminem, Slim Shady AND the REAL Slim Shady! (Cause you know...all those imitators are just imitating! :p)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
After 1 day of voting:

1- Nirvana (96,993 votes)
2- KISS (87,474 votes)
3- Deep Purple (76,471 votes)
4- Yes (67,910 votes)
5- Peter Gabriel (58,704 votes)

I have to agree with Eddie Trunk- I don't have a huge problem with Nirvana getting in on their 1st attempt, but there's at least 5 on the list that should already be in.