Robin's Wrong

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Unfortunately the website of the same name hasn't been updated, so if you like, please post your corrections here.

This week Robin identified the author of Jaws as Michael Crichton - Gary corrected her with Peter Benchley.

Also while discussing Battlestar Galactica she said Raider ships launch from the Galactica, however it is the Viper ships which are piloted by the humans of Galactica - Raiders belong to the Cylons.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
She also said on 60 minutes they ran a story on how DHL was bought out by a German company that ran them into the ground. In reality, DHL is the German company that bought and ran Airborne into the ground.

She also made a comment on that we don't know yet who will be teamed up with Springsteen on the Super Bowl halftime show, because they always pair them off. No, Prince, The Stones, U2 and Tom Petty all performed by themselves. They haven't paired since the malfunction.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
This week Robin identified the author of Jaws as Michael Crichton - Gary corrected her with Peter Benchley.

Yes, but she informed Gary that she KNEW she was wrong and meant Jurassic Park...

You just can't slip one by that girl...

:note: 800 dollar Wiiiiiiiiine, Robin you are so ruuuuude...:note:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Unfortunately the website of the same name hasn't been updated, so if you like, please post your corrections here.

Also while discussing Battlestar Galactica she said Raider ships launch from the Galactica, however it is the Viper ships which are piloted by the humans of Galactica - Raiders belong to the Cylons.

I haven't heard today's show yet, but she did that "Jaws" mistake months ago...Are you saying that she made the same mistake again?

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I used to work at a radio station that used the same news wire service that Robin uses. I was amazed at the way she would mangle the facts in the stories, often saying the exact opposite of what had really happened.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I used to work at a radio station that used the same news wire service that Robin uses. I was amazed at the way she would mangle the facts in the stories, often saying the exact opposite of what had really happened.

Well nothing else on the show is factual, why would the news be ?

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Here's a minor oversight from today's show. Remember the story about the irate father who threw his daughter off of a bridge? The amazing part of the story was that the girl survived the fall....according to Robin. She must have read only the first paragraph. According to the latter part of the article, the girl unfortunately died from her injuries. Way to go, Newsgunt!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article5612286.ece

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
There's a reason why guests have referred to Robin as Howard's "Mocha Princess" and it has nothing to do with the color of her face per se. The reason is because, like her penchant for coffee enemas, Robin constantly has her head up her ass.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's easy.

Robin is a person. She makes mistakes.

Try and do a 100% factually-correct newscast from a studio that is known for it's strippers, midgets, retards, and other wacky people. Try and put anyone from CNN, Fox News, NBC, CBS, ABC, or anyone else in Howard's studio and they'd probably make mistakes as well.

I can see where she'd get the Jaws thing wrong. And am I going to cast her into the fire for not knowing something about a science-fiction show? It's not a huge deal.

They do the news so Howard, Fred, Artie, and the others can goof on the stories. You want factual news, turn on a news channel. Howard 100 is not a news channel, last I checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Snoozer

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
It's easy.

Try and do a 100% factually-correct newscast from a studio that is known for it's strippers, midgets, retards, and other wacky people. Try and put anyone from CNN, Fox News, NBC, CBS, ABC, or anyone else in Howard's studio and they'd probably make mistakes as well.

I can see where she'd get the Jaws thing wrong. And am I going to cast her into the fire for not knowing something about a science-fiction show? It's not a huge deal.

They do the news so Howard, Fred, Artie, and the others can goof on the stories. You want factual news, turn on a news channel. Howard 100 is not a news channel, last I checked.

This was the second time Robin made the mistake with Crichton and Jaws. I don't know how it's possible to read from a news source and insert words that are not there on the paper, but ok, she did it once...but to do it again.

She also refers the Gaza Strip as "the Gaza".

The woman has either a disconnect from brain to mouth when reading the news, or she just inserts whatever she thinks as she reads the news.

You were correct about two things; she is a person and she makes mistakes.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
It's easy.

:eek:fftopic:

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
It's easy.

I don't think the issue is that Robin makes mistakes...it's that she'll never just admit to them. She usually makes up some ridiculous bullshit story about how technically she was right.

Remember when Robin said she was a big Mad Dog and Mike fan? Artie, Gary and Howard then proceeded to expose her lie. But instead of just admitting she was busted that lying bitch just kept digging the hole deeper with more lies.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Robiin said Springsteen mentioned during his halftime performance, "put down the chicken wings". He actually said, "chicken fingers".