Robin: "He calls every morning with a Howard and Beth question"

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Howard - "HE DOES?!"

Speaking of Eric from Hoboken this morning. I hope Howard is making that up, and he damn well knows he picks up EFH calls everyday to talk about Beth-O. Maybe he really has lost his mind though

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Howard - "HE DOES?!"

Speaking of Eric from Hoboken this morning. I hope Howard is making that up, and he damn well knows he picks up EFH calls everyday to talk about Beth-O. Maybe he really has lost his mind though

lets be fair now. sometimes eric from hoboken calls to plug the virtues of HTV.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i'm just wondering if howard is actually loosing his mind, or if he is playing it off like he doesn't pick up on shill calls

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Serious question - Does stuff like this actually diminish your enjoyment of the show? Can a 2 minute call really ruin the entire experience for the day, week, month, year? Or do you guys just like to bitch?

Me, I no more pay attention to Eric from Hoboken and his HTV/Beth shill calls than I pay attention to Hank's fake HTV shill calls that mention Imus. Both are doing the same thing; shilling so they can get heard on the air. Neither is of any interest to me, and neither does anything to diminish my enjoyment of the parts of the show I do like.

I'm just not impressed by tools that call into radio stations. Think about it; dialing and waiting on hold is not that difficult a skillset, and neither is kissing ass or mentioning Imus. It's all filler BS to me, and the caterwauling that goes on around here about stupid callers is even more BS, in my humble opinion. Life's not that difficult folks - You listen, you laugh. You stop laughing, you stop listening. Period.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
What is the mentality here, who knows? My guess is the stock losses must be painful and how else to release the anger?? I lost a bunch on a shit dot com stock about 10 yrs ago and it pisses me off a little to this day. Thankfully I learned a lesson and stayed away from SIRI but must admit I was at times tempted to jump in.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Serious question - Does stuff like this actually diminish your enjoyment of the show? Can a 2 minute call really ruin the entire experience for the day, week, month, year? Or do you guys just like to bitch?

Me, I no more pay attention to Eric from Hoboken and his HTV/Beth shill calls than I pay attention to Hank's fake HTV shill calls that mention Imus. Both are doing the same thing; shilling so they can get heard on the air. Neither is of any interest to me, and neither does anything to diminish my enjoyment of the parts of the show I do like.

I'm just not impressed by tools that call into radio stations. Think about it; dialing and waiting on hold is not that difficult a skillset, and neither is kissing ass or mentioning Imus. It's all filler BS to me, and the caterwauling that goes on around here about stupid callers is even more BS, in my humble opinion. Life's not that difficult folks - You listen, you laugh. You stop laughing, you stop listening. Period.
So then why do you defend the show as steadfastly as you do ? Why do you go into every thread that criticizes the show and criticize the people for complaing about the show ? Seriously

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
So then why do you defend the show as steadfastly as you do ? Why do you go into every thread that criticizes the show and criticize the people for complaing about the show ? Seriously

seriously. jgatie, you always say "if you don't like it, change the channel". If you don't like threads, don't read them and don't join conversations. its that easy. this threa dhad nothing to do with if we enjoy the show or not, it is regarding the fact that howard may be loosing his mind.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Haven't you asked this question a dozen times before and gotten the exact same answer each time? Use search if you want an answer, and use ignore if you don't like the answer; I haven't got the time or the need to indulge you again. Your repetitive attempts to get an argument out of me are quite boring, thanks.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Haven't you asked this question a dozen times before and gotten the exact same answer each time? Use search if you want an answer, and use ignore if you don't like the answer; I haven't got the time or the need to indulge you again. Your repetitive attempts to get an argument out of me are quite boring, thanks.
How is this for a truce ? If you stop complaining about all of the complainers, I will stop asking you why you complain about all of the complaining. Deal ?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
How is this for a truce. If you stop complaining about all of the complainers, I will stop asking you why you complain about all of the complaining ? Deal ?

How about this deal - Unlike you, I don't feel the need to go into your little Virus Forum Death Valley and troll. So how about you go back to your little forum and I'll stay in mine. After all, that's what you cried for back at SBS, right?

Until then; squawk all you want, I'm not taking your silly bait. There's a search function . . . use it.

Last edited:

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
So if logic were to apply here there really is no need to have a forum since everything has been said over and over (even 0.0) and everything about the Stern show is perfect. :hhh:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
So if logic were to apply here there really is no need to have a forum since everything has been said over and over (even 0.0) and everything about the Stern show is perfect. :hhh:

I can see where this concept would upset you; without any repetitive droning on and on over the same stupid points, your posts would dwindle to nothing.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Perfect? No. Better? Yes.

But back on topic, I'm pretty sure EfH is a smart ass kisser. He knows what Howard likes to talk about, and serves up the fodder. When he got busted a few months ago for shilling for HowardTV (to the point that even Robin said she thought they were planted calls!), he switch to Beth O'Stern. He may be a loser, but he is definitely smart when it comes to kissing Howard's ass.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Perfect? No. Better? Yes.

But back on topic, I'm pretty sure EfH is a smart ass kisser. He knows what Howard likes to talk about, and serves up the fodder. When he got busted a few months ago for shilling for HowardTV (to the point that even Robin said she thought they were planted calls!), he switch to Beth O'Stern. He may be a loser, but he is definitely smart when it comes to kissing Howard's ass.
I remember that didn't artie say something about the EFH Htv calls first then robin ?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't know about Artie. The way I remembered it was that Howard brought up the conspiracy theory himself, from fans' emails or something, incredulously, and Robin chimed in with, "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing." Howard's reaction to that was, "Wow! Really?" After that, EfH's praises of HTV calmed down.

Reactions: Jgatie

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I don't know about Artie. The way I remembered it was that Howard brought up the conspiracy theory himself, from fans' emails or something, incredulously, and Robin chimed in with, "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing." Howard's reaction to that was, "Wow! Really?" After that, EfH's praises of HTV calmed down.

That's the way I recall it.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing." Howard's reaction to that was, "Wow! Really?" After that, EfH's praises of HTV calmed down.

and has now switched to beth-o questions, which robin brought up today. Artie backed it up with "the guy certainly has a way of getting on everyday"