Robin Criticizing Artie's NutriSystem Diet

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Anyone else hear this? Here we have Artie, who seems to be getting his shit together, exercising and dieting. He mentions that he's going on the NutriSystem Sport diet, the one Dan Marino endorses.

Howard asks Robin what she thinks. She originally says that she's not like everyone else here (who criticized her and Tim for the Martha's Vineyard diet effort) and won't criticize him.

Then immediately, she criticizes his choice of diet! Why? Because the NutriSystem Sport diet isn't as good as her Martha's Vineyard diet.

WTF?

It drove me nuts in a laugh-my-ass-off kind of way. I'm pragmatic. Forget about comparing the two diets. I rather choose to compare it with what Artie was doing to what Artie is doing. He was doing blow with hookers and eating Burger King. He's now exercising, going to therapy, and eating reasonable meals. (Assuming he isn't lying again, of course.) It's a vast improvement!

Holy shit, Robin really is a 34!

:ter:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
yeah, I just heard this. her holier than-than-thou attitude cuz artie's pre-made food is processed. well newsflash robin. almost everyone eats processed food as most of us are not rich where we can afford to eat organic everything and buy all our food from whole foods. I swear, this reminds me of people I work with who turn their nose at other people cuz they eat pork products, and they dont.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I swear, this reminds me of people I work with who turn their nose at other people cuz they eat pork products, and they dont.

You eat pork??!??!?!! Ewwwwwwwwww :D

And as an addendum to what TheScionicMan said, she gets all bent that Gary is interested in what Tim is doing, but she passes judgment on what Artie is doing. Hypocritical 34

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
The funny thing is, Artie's already half way towards losing the weight just being off the Subutex. I know a few people on it (or Suboxone) and long term use of that shit piles on the weight.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
The funny thing is, Artie's already half way towards losing the weight just being off the Subutex. I know a few people on it (or Suboxone) and long term use of that shit piles on the weight.

But he didn't "detox"! Where's the coffee? :D

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I haven't heard this yet, but I think NutriSystem would actually be good for Artie. Its whole purpose is portion control, which is what Artie desperately needs. Like Howard always says, you can eat good food, just don't have 2, 3, 4 servings of it! And if you exercise 3-5 times a week, you should have no problems.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I haven't heard this yet, but I think NutriSystem would actually be good for Artie. Its whole purpose is portion control, which is what Artie desperately needs. Like Howard always says, you can eat good food, just don't have 2, 3, 4 servings of it! And if you exercise 3-5 times a week, you should have no problems.

exercise goes a long way. I eat what I want for the most part (no snacks or sweets really), and I have only gained about 3 lbs in the last 10 years or so.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
exercise goes a long way. I eat what I want for the most part (no snacks or sweets really), and I have only gained about 3 lbs in the last 10 years or so.

Same with me, no snacks and sweets, and exercise. Until I quit smoking last year and gained about 10-15, I was the same waist I was in college (32) and college was 20 years ago. You just have to keep active. I do have to step it up to lose that 15 though.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What Robin can't understand, because SHE IS A 34 (no joke, this is the biggest trait of a hardcore narcisist) is that different things work for different people. Since this goofy ass diet of hers worked for her, she thinks it is the ONLY way to do it and that everything else is stupid.

If only Robin had more self control, she could have eaten simple meals and excercised a lot and still lost the weight.

I hope Artie loses more weight than Tim and in a faster time period so they can all just shit on the Martha's Vineyard diet. That is a rich person's diet that is just bored with the world and has too much money.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
If only Robin had more self control, she could have eaten simple meals and excercised a lot and still lost the weight.

But Robin could hardly even get out of bed she hurt so much. She was in PAIN! Only with this Dr. Roni detox can Robin live a normal, pain-free life. Oh, and doctors tried to make her worse, you know.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I hope Artie loses more weight than Tim and in a faster time period so they can all just shit on the Martha's Vineyard diet.

i don't. the faster you lose it, the faster you gain it back, and more than likely you gain more back. Let artie do his thing and take his time. Super fast diests usually do not work for long periods of time

But Robin could hardly even get out of bed she hurt so much. She was in PAIN! Only with this Dr. Roni detox can Robin live a normal, pain-free life.

WTF is she talking about? she was so fat her joints hurt? When people say these things, I just roll my eyes.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I dunno, anyone that doesn't think drinking liquids and having an enema twice a week will make you lose weight is not thinking straight.

I mean anytime you eat a set amount of calories that'll happen.....

I do love the fact that Robin was a nurse 20+ years ago, and she lectures on things like "what do doctors know"

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
WTF is she talking about? she was so fat her joints hurt? When people say these things, I just roll my eyes.

Who knows? I think she got it in her mind that her body was full of nasty poisons and perverted germs. Or "toxins" as they seem to have trademarked. She must think that the liver and kidneys are vestigial organs in the human body, you know, like wisdom teeth. The only way to feel normal would be to cleanse her body, to purify herself! I'm surprised she didn't opt for an exorcism. Coffee enemas must be more fun.