Rob Schneider Bit

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
So Howard thinks Rob Schneider was disrespected by the girl and guy jocks on some Palm Beach radio station. He found Schneider funny and the disc jockeys assholes. I listened to the whole thing. Schneider was obnoxious. His opening remarks were premised upon the idea that he was a far more important guest than the dancer from the Michael Jackson show.. Can you imagine a guest complaining to Howard that his last interview was worthless? At one point early on he declared he could buy and sell the two disc jockeys.... wow...talk about Hollywood insecurity...Later he declared they were boring.... Maybe so (although I like the woman)..but is it at all surprising they kicked him out? They tried to make nice but he wouldn't let it go about sitting in the car the insignificance of the first guest... Howard made Schneider out to be a comedy icon and Artie of course put Schneiderin the comedy Hall of Fame... Robin piled on too... I thought Ralph was going to inject some reason but he didn't add much..

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I just caught this on the replay - sounds to me like Rob did his best to try to give a good interview to those folks, and was doing a little ball-busting. They couldn't take it, and they were much more rude than he was. This is why radio is dying...

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The whole cheesiness of the hosts reminded me of Cross & Lopez.

Only a true fan remembers Cross and Lopez--Fun Without The Filth.

I think Rob was trying to have fun and makes jokes about having to wait in a dirty parking lot and was really sort of making fun of himself by pretending that he could buy and sell these people. I think they were horrible hosts and really sucked at rolling with the joke and promoting the guest.

They sucked and I don't know how anyone could listen to that show in the morning.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

I think Rob was trying to have fun and makes jokes about having to wait in a dirty parking lot and was really sort of making fun of himself by pretending that he could buy and sell these people. I think they were horrible hosts and really sucked at rolling with the joke and promoting the guest.

They sucked and I don't know how anyone could listen to that show in the morning.
I have Cross & Lopez on MP3.

I overslept that original day and missed the whole show. I woke up, and I think people were calling into the local FM station talking about.

I knew I missed something good.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona

Well apparently they are like this with every guest (or at least the comedians)

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Well apparently they are like this with every guest (or at least the comedians)

What's the common denominator in all of your failed relationships? You! These guys sound like a classic case of this :)

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
So Howard thinks Rob Schneider was disrespected by the girl and guy jocks on some Palm Beach radio station. He found Schneider funny and the disc jockeys assholes. I listened to the whole thing. Schneider was obnoxious. His opening remarks were premised upon the idea that he was a far more important guest than the dancer from the Michael Jackson show.. Can you imagine a guest complaining to Howard that his last interview was worthless? At one point early on he declared he could buy and sell the two disc jockeys.... wow...talk about Hollywood insecurity...Later he declared they were boring.... Maybe so (although I like the woman)..but is it at all surprising they kicked him out? They tried to make nice but he wouldn't let it go about sitting in the car the insignificance of the first guest... Howard made Schneider out to be a comedy icon and Artie of course put Schneiderin the comedy Hall of Fame... Robin piled on too... I thought Ralph was going to inject some reason but he didn't add much..

Sounds like you have as little an idea about what is funny as those jocks do. Many of Howard's regular guests joke about having to wait for Beetlejuice's segment to be over when they come in, for example. He doesn't lose his shit over it.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Definitely siding with Rob on this one. The problem is these hosts clearly do not have a sense of humor. At the very least the Iron Lady doesn't have a sense of humor, has a huge temper, and is bitchy, enabling her to control the tone of the show with the other hosts not daring to take her on.

To make matters worse, not only do they not have a sense of humor, but they think they do. Horrible combination. Finally, they lack a complete understanding of show business and radio. Rob was right. Morning radio shows are always looking to fill time with fun, interesting things. What Rob was trying to do was riff a little improv with them. Poor financial backing and management are great fodder. Is it the DJs fault that a guest had to wait in the parking lot? No, it's management's fault. Rob was trying to riff that with them, but McBitchy took offense and set a decisively negative tone. Then, the stupid guys around her kept harping on it.

After listening, I have two possible explanations in my head. They are either really poor radio entertainers, too stupid to capitalize on opportunity, or they intentionally wanted to antagonize Rob. The only reason I think the second is a possibility is because of the YouTube posting and the fact they kept insisting Rob was angry when he said he wasn't, wanting to move on.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
This is exactly why they don't just pounce on guests on the Stern show. It makes for a bad interview. I feel bad for Rob that he has to go on these hack shows to promote his gigs.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Yeah, the Kevin guy seemed to be in charge, but that beotch just walked all over his interview. He just sat there, completely dumbfounded. Like Grillo.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Sounds like you have as little an idea about what is funny as those jocks do. Many of Howard's regular guests joke about having to wait for Beetlejuice's segment to be over when they come in, for example. He doesn't lose his shit over it.

C'mon...disagree with me but don't attack me.
As for your point, I have never heard a guest come in and tell Howard I am a far more important guest that the guy you just interviewed or that his last interview was a waste of time.. .. He sounded pissed off to me...

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Sounded like typical ball-busting to me and the small-town wannabe celebs got offended and defensive.

Not an attack, but is anyone surprised that the OP sees it this way?:idunno: