RIP Starmate

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
My original Sirius receiver "Starmate Replay" died this weekend. It has been going out for the past couple of weeks but now it just won't work.

I'm totally bummed out..it had a great frequency range I used it for the entire house. :cry:

I purchased a home kit for my "Starmate 4" but the frequency sucks and it only works with the radio its plugged into.. not broadcasted through-out the house.

I'm thinking about now purchasing the Echo Antenna or wireless home repeater...but I'm not to sure which to buy.. :idunno: anyone have any advice?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You can buy an FM transmitter.

Sorry about your Starmate. Its always hard when you give up your fist satrad.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
C. Crane makes a decent FM transmitter that should cover your house. The stuff they sell is within FCC specs. You can also do a home brew sort of thing if you need something a bit more potent. You should be able to find some kits on the web.

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
C. Crane makes a decent FM transmitter that should cover your house. The stuff they sell is within FCC specs. You can also do a home brew sort of thing if you need something a bit more potent. You should be able to find some kits on the web.

Thanks for the help, I sent the page to my home account.. I'm going to make my decision this weekend.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
My original Sirius receiver "Starmate Replay" died this weekend. It has been going out for the past couple of weeks but now it just won't work.

I'm totally bummed out..it had a great frequency range I used it for the entire house. :cry:

I purchased a home kit for my "Starmate 4" but the frequency sucks and it only works with the radio its plugged into.. not broadcasted through-out the house.

I'm thinking about now purchasing the Echo Antenna or wireless home repeater...but I'm not to sure which to buy.. :idunno: anyone have any advice?

We do have a very strong FM transmitter that we have had some great luck with. Depending on how many floors you have in your home, walls, etc, it will transmit up to 150 ft. People really seem to like this product, we have gotten good feedback from it. Here is the link.

Whole House FM Transmitter (Gold Edition)

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
We do have a very strong FM transmitter that we have had some great luck with. Depending on how many floors you have in your home, walls, etc, it will transmit up to 150 ft. People really seem to like this product, we have gotten good feedback from it. Here is the link.

Whole House FM Transmitter (Gold Edition)

NICE!! I did search the TSS site over the weekend but I couldn't find anything, but to tell you the truth I really wasn't sure of what I was looking for.

thanks for the link.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The Whole House FM Transmitter IMO is soooo much better than the other one mentioned. We've had a far better customer response on the Whole House ones. We used to carry the "other" ones and just had too many returns for lack of power on them.

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm having a mini-breakdown trying to purchase this from the TSS site.. I tried to log on and it said I need to create an account, I so tried to create an account but its says one already exists..