Richmond Race in September

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
So we are going to this race in September, our first race and was wondering if anyone can give some good tips to going to this race at all or just going to a race in general.

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent the headphones for a race to be able to hear more about whats going on??

Thanks a bunch.

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
I'll be there in September. I'm not sure on the rental cause I either brought my scanner or the case now I bring my Fan View I bought last season. You'll have a great time, great track for watching a race :bigclap:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Oh you both are SO fortunate to be going to what has become my favorite track. Jeez, I wish there were more tracks similar to Richmond in the schedule.

tsschmitten

Nov 13, 2008
Max Meadows,VA
The fanview cost around $50 for the weekend and $30 if you have a sprint cell phone. At least it did when we were at Bristol in March. The fanview comes with 1 headset and I am not sure what the second headset cost to rent, since me and my wife shared the fanview.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
HIGHLY recommend the fanview.. they are AWESOME.. also COMFORTABLE shoes and sunscreen. Also go to th etrack's website so you can know what size cooler you can take in and what can be in said cooler.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
The only bad side to the fanview is that it is about 5 or 6 seconds behind what you see on the track, so from that standpoint I would recommend a scanner instead but othe than that the fanview's are cool. Or dowhat I did in Bristol, get a fanview for the stats and replays and stuff and I had a scanner I bought at Radio Shack for 50 bucks to listen to the drivers on since there is no delay on the scanner

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Thanks for all the replies.... I am very excited about going should be a good time, were thinking about getting there in time to hit the Nationwide race the night before too..

This trip is actually covered for the most part too.. We were in the Fantasy Cup Picks for the bud shootout and came in first place and won, 2 race tickets to any race and $1000.00, so most of this trip is free which is awesome.. Just not looking forward too much to the 9 hour drive one way..lol

Thanks again..

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
We were in the Fantasy Cup Picks for the bud shootout and came in first place and won, 2 race tickets to any race and $1000.00, so most of this trip is free which is awesome..

WOW! Super cool. Congradulations!

:clap:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
[We didn't think you could actually win anything/QUOTE]

That's why I always buy one lotto ticket every week. You sure don't win unless you play and it only takes ONE ticket.

My father-in-law recently told me of some former co-workers of his who won the Texas lotto many years ago. Many millions....and still getting those checks. ;)

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
We didn't think you could actually win anything

That's why I always buy one lotto ticket every week. You sure don't win unless you play and it only takes ONE ticket.

My father-in-law recently told me of some former co-workers of his who won the Texas lotto many years ago. Many millions....and still getting those checks. ;)

lol.. I only get the lotto tickets when they are huge..lol Should get the more often tho I guess...

Wow that would be so nice to win big... Congrats to them...:bigclap:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I only get the lotto tickets when they are huge

LOL. I hear people say that all the time. Like one million just won't be enough! :p

I actually PREFER to play when the amount is low because of this. ;)

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
LOL. I hear people say that all the time. Like one million just won't be enough! :p

I actually PREFER to play when the amount is low because of this. ;)

Yeah I hear ya there. It is hard for us to buy the tickets tho, so many things we have to go through if we were to get lucky and win.. Hubby works or the OLGC here and so he is no longer aloud to buy lotto tickets, but I am aloud but like I said lots of things to go through in order to get the money if I was to win anything.. Would still be worth a win tho....lol I just never think to buy a ticket unless there is huge talk about them which usually only happens when they are huge..lol

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
So his spouse (you) and children (if any) can play? That's OK. At least you still have a chance. I was once told the people who go to the stores and stock lotto tickets make pretty good money...but they can't play lotto tickets.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
I use the fanview all the time and haven't noticed a delay on the scanner portion...a little delay on the TV but that works.. watch the race while listening to scanner then look at replay after seeing it live LOL.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
So his spouse (you) and children (if any) can play? That's OK. At least you still have a chance. I was once told the people who go to the stores and stock lotto tickets make pretty good money...but they can't play lotto tickets.

Yeah any family member can play but if you win they pretty much rake you over the coals and huge investigations and such before they will give you anything for your win. Hubby was aloud to play up til this past April when they changed the rules. Which is completely pointless, it is not like they can rig a ticket or anything.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I use the fanview all the time and haven't noticed a delay on the scanner portion...a little delay on the TV but that works.. watch the race while listening to scanner then look at replay after seeing it live LOL.

Do they not just have something you can rent to listen to your favorite driver? I don't care about having a small screen in front of me, I just want to be able to know if it is coming down to a fuel millage finish or something like that.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
What's a REALLY good scanner? Make and model. And how much do they cost? I've always wanted to get one...and one that can get the signals your not supposed to pick up. :p

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Calypso,

Seriously the fanview is worth it.. it has track pass built in to it as well as the tv feed and any stats you want. The scanners are almost as expensive. The value is MUCH better. if your a sprint customer you get it even cheaper.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Calypso,

Seriously the fanview is worth it.. it has track pass built in to it as well as the tv feed and any stats you want. The scanners are almost as expensive. The value is MUCH better. if your a sprint customer you get it even cheaper.

Thanks for that... I appreciate it alot.. As for being a Sprint customer, no I am not, I am actually in Canada and we don't have Sprint here..