"Richard Simmons has a show on Sirus Stars'

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, Robin....a year ago! Way to stay up with things! And considering Howard has no idea what is going on at all, maybe he shouldn't be in charge of a big show like Rosie's. I tried listening to a bit of it. Not bad but I'm sure she would FLIP over Howard's notes and criticism!

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Yeah, Robin....a year ago! Way to stay up with things! And considering Howard has no idea what is going on at all, maybe he shouldn't be in charge of a big show like Rosie's. I tried listening to a bit of it. Not bad but I'm sure she would FLIP over Howard's notes and criticism!
:roflmao:

I thought Rosie did alright. Hopefully the live studio audience isn't permanent. It's a bit distracting.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

In her defense, if you're not up on the Sirius celebrities, some of those guys are gone before you know it.

Anyone remember Radio Lance? What about "Talk Sex with Sue Johanson?" I know there's several more. With a lot of those shows, blink, and they're gone.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Heh - She was on Sirius? I saw her on TV a few times...
I think they rebroadcasted the TV show if I'm not mistaken.

And speaking of rebroadcasting TV shows on Sirius, anyone remember the abortion that was E! Radio? They actually had the audio of The Girls Next Door as a show. So it's a bunch of dopey women, minus the eye candy. Well done. :jj:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Heh - She was on Sirius? I saw her on TV a few times...

Sunday nights on Sirius Stars, back when it was on 103. Much better (I think) as a radio show because you didn't have to actually LOOK at her.

They had multiple episodes in a row, but I think only one was synched up with Oxygen, or whatever channel had it. The show ended approximately January, 2006.

I think they rebroadcasted the TV show if I'm not mistaken.

And speaking of rebroadcasting TV shows on Sirius, anyone remember the abortion that was E! Radio? They actually had the audio of The Girls Next Door as a show. So it's a bunch of dopey women, minus the eye candy. Well done. :jj:

Yes, I do remember E! Radio, but only because I think it also was one of the Sports PbP channels.

Court TV Radio was another one. I had left that channel on when I fell asleep, listening to one of the NHL games. I had a really freaky/scary dream, woke up, and realized the channel was playing one of those "Unsolved Mysteries" type of shows.

I wanted to change the channel, but for some unknown reason, I was hooked to the story.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What about "Talk Sex with Sue Johanson?" With a lot of those shows, blink, and they're gone.

I remember this show it was actually pretty cool! I remember Tom Taylor telling me he learned how to masturbate properly listening to that show. :p

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
In her defense, if you're not up on the Sirius celebrities, some of those guys are gone before you know it.

Anyone remember Radio Lance? What about "Talk Sex with Sue Johanson?" I know there's several more. With a lot of those shows, blink, and they're gone.

A ton of those come fast leave fast were in the 2004-2006 era. Like Bill Bradley, Kim Komando (on Discovery Radio), unfortunately The Radio Chick.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
A ton of those come fast leave fast were in the 2004-2006 era. Like Bill Bradley, Kim Komando (on Discovery Radio), unfortunately The Radio Chick.

Discovery, A&E and E! Entertainment were all part of Sirius and XM's line up in the beginning, but were slowly axed as they added other channels. I don't think any of these were every really that popular. Discovery use to have some interesting shows though.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I used to listen to that Richard Simmons show occasionally just for a laugh, although it's been a couple years. So what happened to him? Fired? Did he go Riley Martin on them and ask for decent money?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I remember this show it was actually pretty cool! I remember Tom Taylor telling me he learned how to masturbate properly listening to that show. :p

The uncensored nature of "Talk Sex" was a good way to welcome people to the company, especially since Howard and staff couldn't be on Sirius until 1/1/06. Without Playboy radio at the time, there wasn't else much on there.

But damn, it was creepy, knowing that Sue is older than fuck. She was the original "Dr. Mark."

Is there really a wrong way to do it?? :D

Doesn't ETM hump the pillow or the corner of the bed or something?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Hell...we had Dr. Ruth on the radio Sunday nights at 10:00 doing her "Sexually Speaking" talk show back in the early '80s. It was pretty racy stuff for the time.

I saw that Sue Johansen show a few times on cable. Pretty funny...especially when she breaks out the dildos.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hell...we had Dr. Ruth on the radio Sunday nights at 10:00 doing her "Sexually Speaking" talk show back in the early '80s. It was pretty racy stuff for the time.

I saw that Sue Johansen show a few times on cable. Pretty funny...especially when she breaks out the dildos.

Anyone remember the "Tissue Time with Heidi Cortez" show? If i'm Howard, i'd put a 10-20 minute show on Howard 101 on Saturday nights, spoofing Sue Johnsen. Instead of SJ, i'd put Rappin' Granny on there.

"Rapping Granny Talks Sex" could be hysterical, if done right.